Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*

Go down 
+7
Master of Destruction
Mr. Tambourine Man
SEZ
hippnotizeinfamousminds
MANU SOLDIER
Sykesy
Y2J X
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Atryx wrote:
My only complaint was the Divas match. No one cares about Eve. She gets no heat, good or bad, and really hasn't done anything to even be in the title hunt. Granted that the Divas division isn't all that great, but that surprise slot could have gone to someone more logical/deserving like Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, or even Awsome Kong.

I care about Eve, she's actually not a bad wrestler, so I don't mind her winning. Yes, Natalya is better, but eh, it's not LayCool so I'm cool. Uh, I don't feel good about that. Anyways, you shouldn't pair up logical and deserving here, as only Beth Phoenix fits into both. Kim is deserving but she certainly wouldn't be as logical as Eve. As far as I know, Eve's a former Diva's champion, has accomplished more than Kim in the past year, who I believe hasn't really accomplished anything since her losing match with Mickie for the belt (it was for the belt, right?). Kong would be logical, considering how big of an impact she would make, but I wouldn't call her more deserving than Eve, whose been in the company for longer and definitely did more in WWE than Kong has.

As for the Rumble winner, fuck WWE. Fuck Alberto Del Rio. Fuck him and his blandness. You know, in fairness, I thought to myself, he could've improved. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I watched a more recent match, and did he improve? Yeah, a very small insignificant amount. Normally, the only thing he is able to do to keep me awake is an enzuigiri, and it was another great placed one in the match I watched, but he did one other slightly entertaining thing in that match. But basically, he is still an enzuigiri to me. They pick this guy to move forward. He is awful on the mic, and bland in the ring. I didn't watch the Rumble, but why couldn't they give Ziggler the win? I saw that he was in there, that could've been an amazing end story. Ziggler gets screwed by Edge (who hit a Spear when no one was looking), so he enters the Rumble and wins. Their is so much you can do with that, and Ziggler obviously is one considered as a potential future star, why couldn't they go that route. But no, we get Alberto Del Fucking Rio. Well, obviously, this is one of many reasons I don't watch WWE anymore...
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:38 pm

One of the best Rumbles I can remember. Sure, The three matches before the rumble bout were average at best but Del Rio winning was fucking Epic.

I predicted it once Morrison and Cena were eliminated and I am heppy he was victorious. Plus Santino at the end was GOLD!

Also, Morrison parkor (Sp?) = Greatest Rumble moment in history.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Morrison's save from his elimination was UNBELIEVABLE. Morrison's parkour abilities truly were demonstrated on that spot. And what about those stiff exchanges between CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and William Regal? My buddies and I were really enjoying that part of the Rumble.

As for the Rumble itself, it clearly was built to showcase The New Nexus and little less The Corre, but I think it delivered its purpose. I was very disappointed to see how some of the guys were booked (yes, I'm talking about Booker T and Diesel....BIG DADDY COOL, F'n DIESEL!!!) and I thought the ending with Santino Marella hiding outside until Alberto Del Rio thought he won the first time was genius. I almost marked out, thinking Santino would win and we all were pulling for Santino to somehow pull the upset. Still, I think it shows a tremendous commitment from WWE towards Alberto Del Rio to let him win the Rumble since he's been in the company for less than a year now. I think somehow, if they keep the strap on Edge for Wrestlemania, the feud can work and Edge can help elevate Del Rio's game.

Overall, I thought it was a good Rumble. Nothing extraordinary but other than a few moments in the Rumble match itself, nothing stood to me. I'm still gonna order Wrestlemania for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2