Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*

Go down 
+3
Legend
EdgeHead
Y2J X
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Empty
PostSubject: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:56 pm

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmvi

Wrestlemania
XXVII

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmiii
WWE Championship
The Miz (c) vs. John Cena

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmiv
No Holds Barred
The Undertaker vs. Triple H

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmii
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmvii
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmxii
United States Championship
Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmxi
John Morrison, Trish Stratus, & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Lay-Cool

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmix
Special Guest Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin
Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger)

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmxb
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Wmxiii
Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella, & Vladimir Kozlov vs. The Corre

*Check back as more matches are announced*

Last edited by X on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm really curious to see how they're gonna build the World Heavyweight Championship match until Wrestlemania. I think that they should spend the full 2 months hyping it, given it's Alberto Del Rio's first main event program but I'm sure they're gonna find a way to put Dolph Ziggler in the mix somehow until Elimination Chamber...
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 pm

*Card Updated*

WWE Championship match added.

I guess I should be applauding WWE for having two relatively (for The Miz) new wrestlers main event their biggest show, but neither of these matches have much appeal factor for me. So, for the third time I'm going to say this, I'm really pulling for Christian to be added to the World title match.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:06 am

As much as I would hate to see Christian Added to that match I think thats what WWE has to do to pull it together after EC.
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 am

Legend wrote:
As much as I would hate to see Christian Added to that match I think thats what WWE has to do to pull it together after EC.

Why would you hate Christian being added? I recall you saying that you didn't want Christian vs. Edge at Mania, but due to Del Rio's addition, this is actually a different scenario. I also recall you calling Del Rio overrated, so I doubt you'd think the match would be better as just Edge vs. Del Rio.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:40 am

And I waqs right, the only one who said The Miz was going to win last night.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Master of Destruction wrote:
And I waqs right, the only one who said The Miz was going to win last night.

You weren't the only one who said Miz was going to win, I'm pretty positive all of us thought Miz was [at least, most likely] going to win. We just wanted King to win, and you weren't even the only one who wanted Miz to win. At least, Rocco said he didn't want King to win.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Considering the death of his mother last week, it wouldn't have been that surprising to see Jerry Lawler win the title, even if it meant dropping the title immediately tonight on RAW.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am

^Yeah, and once again, I would've much preferred they did that by I'm fine with The Miz retaining.

Based off what I read about what happened on Raw, it seems it will just be King vs. Cole in a singles match. That could easily change, but it appears as that is the direction they are going with. Even though, right now, I'm not going to bother to get Mania, I hope for the sake of the show, that that match is a quick one.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:30 am

X wrote:
Legend wrote:

Why would you hate Christian being added? I recall you saying that you didn't want Christian vs. Edge at Mania, but due to Del Rio's addition, this is actually a different scenario. I also recall you calling Del Rio overrated, so I doubt you'd think the match would be better as just Edge vs. Del Rio.

Well its just my opinion, I think both are overrated, either way I won't watch the WHC match at WM. X you don't have to take my opinion personally. Personally I'm just happy to get a response.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 am

Legend wrote:
X wrote:
Legend wrote:

Well its just my opinion, I think both are overrated, either way I won't watch the WHC match at WM. X you don't have to take my opinion personally. Personally I'm just happy to get a response.

I didn't take it personally... I was just trying to generate a discussion (which succeeded, I guess).

I agree that Del Rio is overrated, as he is extremely bland in the ring, and his mic skills are awful. Granted, I've only seen several of his promos, but considering all of them lead to me getting very sleepy, I think I can fairly claim that. Christian getting added would be a definite improvement for me, their are many superstars I don't particularly care for that I'd enjoy getting added just to improve the match quality.

I'm also going to say that the build needs Christian in the match. Right now, their really isn't any build for Del Rio/Edge that is anything to talk about, or get invested in. Christian's addition would add the injury portion with Del Rio, and the extensive history portion with Edge. So, I'm definitely hoping WWE puts him into the match.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:08 am

These main events suck...HBK come out of retirement and save Mania for us, PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:13 am

X wrote:
Legend wrote:
X wrote:
Legend wrote:

I didn't take it personally... I was just trying to generate a discussion (which succeeded, I guess).

I agree that Del Rio is overrated, as he is extremely bland in the ring, and his mic skills are awful. Granted, I've only seen several of his promos, but considering all of them lead to me getting very sleepy, I think I can fairly claim that. Christian getting added would be a definite improvement for me, their are many superstars I don't particularly care for that I'd enjoy getting added just to improve the match quality.

I'm also going to say that the build needs Christian in the match. Right now, their really isn't any build for Del Rio/Edge that is anything to talk about, or get invested in. Christian's addition would add the injury portion with Del Rio, and the extensive history portion with Edge. So, I'm definitely hoping WWE puts him into the match.

Yeah I agree Del Rio is Overrated and absolutley terrible on the mic. As for Christian being added I was saying for me personally that personally I wouldn't want to see it as I personally would find it boring in my opinion, but in my opinion also its just as bad as the Del Rio vs Edge match. In my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:19 am

Legend wrote:
Yeah I agree Del Rio is Overrated and absolutley terrible on the mic. As for Christian being added I was saying for me personally that personally I wouldn't want to see it as I personally would find it boring in my opinion, but in my opinion also its just as bad as the Del Rio vs Edge match. In my opinion.

Legend I'm not attacking you or anything but I gotta know...why all the hate for Captain Charisma?
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:37 am

SEZ wrote:
Legend wrote:

Legend I'm not attacking you or anything but I gotta know...why all the hate for Captain Charisma?

I just dont like his character, In my opinion he is a poormans Chris Jericho (In My Opinion) He is nothing special he is good on the mic but its like thats where it stops, he is overrated and I dont see whats so great about him. In my personal opinion though...
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:45 am

Legend wrote:
SEZ wrote:
Legend wrote:

I just dont like his character, In my opinion he is a poormans Chris Jericho (In My Opinion) He is nothing special he is good on the mic but its like thats where it stops, he is overrated and I dont see whats so great about him. In my personal opinion though...

Fair enough. Just wanted to know why.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:29 am

SEZ wrote:
These main events suck...HBK come out of retirement and save Mania for us, PLEASE!

Even though I'm a much bigger fan of Shawn, I'd much rather have The Rock come out of retirement and wrestle at Mania.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 pm

*Card Updated*

The Undertaker vs. Triple H added.

We all seen this addition coming, and since right now, Trips career isn't on the line, I'm more than fine with this. Not good enough to get me to watch Mania this year, but definitely better than the main events. For me anyways.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:51 pm

*Card Updated*

Orton vs. Punk & Jerry vs. Cole (with Swagger) added.

Minus Swagger's involvement, we all saw this coming. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wasn't even excited about them when I knew they were happening. Nothing on this card really pulls me in, Punk vs. Orton and Trips vs. Taker will probably be a good match though.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 pm

*Card Updated*

Stone Cold Steve Austin added as the special guest referee for the Lawler vs. Cole match. Personally, I'd wish they had went with JBL, but I expected Austin. Just glad it wasn't Vickie.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 am

Nicely put together post there, X. I'm not sure if it's just me or not but the first two images aren't loading up properly.

Triple H/Undertaker is the main event no? I had heard rumors that Shawn Michaels were going to be the special guest referee for the Taker/HHH match but with the Austin deal I doubt they're going to have two special guest referee matches. I'm just glad to see The Rock and Stone Cold back alongside so many of my favorite wrestlers while I was growing up returning just in time for WrestleMania. Smile
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Ayen wrote:
Nicely put together post there, X. I'm not sure if it's just me or not but the first two images aren't loading up properly.

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Fineforme

So, it works fine for me. Maybe it has something to do with imageshack? I use to upload the pictures on Tinypic, but for some reason they started deleting certain images, so I switched.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Only seeing half of the Cena/Miz pic here. Weird...

Yeah Mania totally isn't doing it for me. I don't care about Austin refereeing that match. I don't care for the Rock hosting it (anymore). I don't care about Del Rio. I don't care about the Miz.

I do not care Sam, I do not care for this event. I do not care for it on TV. I do not care on an illegal stream. In the bar. In the living room. In the theater. This Pay Per View sucks.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 pm

SEZ wrote:
Only seeing half of the Cena/Miz pic here. Weird...

In the screen-shot I recently posted, or the initial post of this thread? The screen-shot was only to show that the first two images were loading fine for me, Miz vs. Cena wasn't the important part. I figured I'd include a portion of it though, as it's possible he meant the match images.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:44 am

*Card Updated*

No Holds Barred stip added to Trips vs. Taker and Rhodes vs. Mysterio added.

The No Holds Barred stip is a great addition. As for Rhodes vs. Mysterio, I don't have high hopes for that match. Last year, Mysterio put on a great match with CM Punk (this is coming from someone who normally hates Rey's matches) but Rhodes is no Punk. I don't think it will suck, as Rhodes has impressed me before, most notably his singles match with Christian in the Intercontinental tournament they had a Smackdown quite a while back. Point is, I just don't see that match being any better than decent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next