Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*

Go down 
+3
Legend
EdgeHead
Y2J X
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 pm

*Card Updated*

Morrison, Stratus, & Snooki vs. Ziggler & Lay-Cool.

Yeah, I'm definitely not watching Mania this year.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Trish Stratus, Steve Austin and the Rock are going to be at Mania and I have absolutely no interest in watching it. Sad

Edit: I think Wrestlemania is dead.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:20 pm

SEZ wrote:
Trish Stratus, Steve Austin and the Rock are going to be at Mania and I have absolutely no interest in watching it. Sad

Edit: I think Wrestlemania is dead.

Rock is the guest host, which means he'll practically do nothing but just be there. We've seen Stone Cold as a special guest referee so many times that it's lost the chance to be interesting anymore. Trish Stratus is placed into a six man tag match, meaning she probably won't end up spending much time in the ring, and Snooki is in the same match on her team, which also kills interest in this match. It's nice that they have them, but with what they're doing with them, it doesn't give any reason to watch it. In short, I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:36 am

*Card Updated*

United States Championship match added.

It's a solid addition to the card, but nothing that's going to change my view on this Mania as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 am

*Card Updated*

Eight Man Tag match added.

The picture is the new size for WWE.com's PPV picks if I'm correct. It's the size they had at least, unless I accidentally re-sized.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:42 pm

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmr0
United States Lumberjack match changed to non-title Battle Royal
The Great Khali wins the Battle Royal

Wrestlemania
XXVII
Results

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmri
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge retained against Alberto Del Rio

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmrii
Cody Rhodes defeated Rey Mysterio

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmriii
Kofi Kingston, Big Show, Kane & Santino Marella defeated The Corre

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmriv
Randy Orton defeated CM Punk

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmrv
Michael Cole defeated Jerry "The King" Lawler via DQ

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmrvi
No Holds Barred
Undertaker defeated Triple H

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmrvii
John Morrison, Trish Stratus, & Snooki defeated Dolph Ziggler & LayCool

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Wmrviii
WWE Championship
The Miz retained against John Cena
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Just going to comment on the results...

Surprised and happy that both Edge and The Miz won. I was positive both Del Rio and Cena were locks to win, but I'm not going to complain.

To explain Cole winning via DQ, Lawler won the match but the general manager reversed the decision, so I'm assuming whomever the anonymous general manager is, he sides with Cole. That's just me though. Bull finish in my opinion.

The US title get's dark matched and is even turned into a battle royal... bull!

Otherwise, everything else was predictable. I'm sure their was a few good matches, but I didn't see it so I won't continue to comment.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 pm

I saw Del Rio vs Edge and most of Cody vs Rey before I went to school this morning. First thing...why was the World Title match done before Cody vs Rey? I just don't understand that at all...second, Edge vs Del Rio was pretty good for what it was and I'm officially a Del Rio fan now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks to The Rock I have to eat my damn shoe. The Miz not only makes it to WrestleMania as the WWE Champion but Main Event the biggest show of the year for WWE during his first major World Title reign and comes out of Mania STILL the WWE Champion.

Oh well at least Rock kicked Cena's ass.

A couple of friends of mine were so NOT happy about what they did with the United States Championship match. Oh and could Edge/Rio being put on so early in the night possibly be due to the majority of viewers not caring about them? o.o

The Corre got owned within five minutes.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 am

We all saw Undertaker winning against HHH. The predictableness of that made it almost unwatchable.

Del Rio vs Edge was boring So was the Orton/Punk match.

I enjoyed the 6-Man Tag match and the WWE Championship match.

The 8 Man Tag match was ok as well.

The rest was predictable but still not that bad like people complain about...
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
TheWittyTwit
Wrestling Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:12 pm

I was legitimately looking forward to Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus. I feel like that could have replaced both the Corre match *and* the LayCool match.

Edge vs. Del Rio really didn't do too much for me. It was kind of boring.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker was a little disappointing as well. I assume some of this was due to Undertaker's rehabilitation from his last injury, but all the same... The spot with HHH tombstoning the Undertaker initially infuriated me, but watching him kick out from that was brilliant. I was *not* a fan of Hell's Gate ending the match, and I was *DEFINITELY* not a fan of HHH leaving the match on his feet with the Undertaker carried off on a stretcher. Taker's new theme is also a total buzzkill.

My feed disappeared for the majority of Cole vs. Lawler, but I think they've set it up to a point where they need to "reveal" the identity of Raw's anonymous GM. All in all a satisfying end. Stone Cold stunning Booker T was a decent lol.

The Rock laying out Cena and the Miz was delightful, but if he doesn't stick around for a climax to his feud with Cena, I will lose all interest. I am absolutely thrilled with the Miz retaining the championship.

I thought Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio was the best math of the show. The wrestling was decent, and the story was present throughout. Orton vs. Punk had serious potential, and was good, but not the best.

It could have been a better card, but it certainly also could have been worse.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Check it

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
Wrestling Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Ayen wrote:
Check it

Spoiler:

Hiding my response too in case it would spoil...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 pm

So, I found a place where the entire Wrestlemania was available to view, and got to watch what even slightly interested me, so I have a bit to comment on.

Edge vs. Del Rio - Del Rio is still bland to me, but he definitely step it up in this bout. Normally, Del Rio is an enzuigiri to me, he always does awesome ones, and it's normally the only good point of a Del Rio match (at least when he is in charge of the offense, but sadly, that's not always the case). This Mania, that was just the best spot, probably of the entire match, it was incredible. While a little short, it was a great match. Still not a Rio fan, but this was the first match of his that could've made me one.

Rhodes vs. Mysterio - Actually pretty great. Maybe even better than the World title match. The superplex spot was just great, and Rey putting on Rhodes mask and using it against him was very enjoying. Show-stealing? No, but an enjoyable match nonetheless. Oh, Mysterio's moonsault was pretty cool too. Also was really cool to see Rhodes do the mid-section kick to Rey (rope-hung) followed by the Alabama Slam, like his former partner Hardcore Holly use to. Just nice to see him adopt those moves, as that team was the first time I even like Cody, just love seeing it. He has came a long way.

Eight Man Match - What a waste. In under two minutes, the match is over. Just a waste. Oh, side note, stop calling Heath Slater "The One Man Rock Band", it doesn't work when you're part of a stable.

Punk vs. Orton - Easily second best of the night. Could've been better with more time, but the worked a great match. So many great spots, The steel steps knee strike, the high kick reversal to the RKO, and of course, the ending RKO spot. Probably the best high flying reversal one, bar Bourne. Just looked so beautiful. Their were other great spots, and the story told was great and was told greatly.

Trips vs. Taker - Obviously match of the night. The Double A Spinebuster spot was the spot of the night for me. I loved it. Their were other great moments. One problem was Taker's dive was botched, and the spear through the Cole-Mine could've been better, took awhile for it to break. I loved that at the end, when Trips said "It's time", when Taker starts applying Hells Gate, you can he Trips uttering "Oh Sh---". Didn't care for how much the Trips/Taker thing at the end reminded me of Shawn/Taker last year and even Shawn/Flair (to a much lesser extent) a few years back.

Video packages - The Miz's was awesome. Cena's was meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*   The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Wrestlemania XXVII Thread *Results*
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2