Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*

Go down 
+7
Master of Destruction
Mr. Tambourine Man
SEZ
hippnotizeinfamousminds
MANU SOLDIER
Sykesy
Y2J X
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Empty
PostSubject: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:02 pm

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rrib

Royal Rumble

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rriit
40-Man Royal Rumble Match
Known Participants:

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rriii
WWE Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Randy Orton

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rriv
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rrvt
Diva's Championship
2-on-1 Handicap
Natalya (c) vs. Lay-Cool

Last edited by X on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Edge vs Ziggles ???
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Edge vs Ziggles ???

WWE hasn't listed it for the Rumble right now. So, as of now, it's not confirmed Ziggler will get his shot at the Royal Rumble. I personally don't think they will, I have a feeling Ziggler will face Edge on Smackdown for the World Title like they did with Morrison and Miz, then Barrett will take on Edge at the Rumble.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Barret wont take on edge...as barrets having a feud with the Big show, As for edge i hope Kane goes against him and then accually beats him!
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Sorry, Are you off your face?

You want to see Edge and Kane go at it once again and have Kane win the World Championship again? you must be.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 pm

WestCoast wrote:
Barret wont take on edge...as barrets having a feud with the Big show, As for edge i hope Kane goes against him and then accually beats him!

Well, Barrett and Big Show are feuding because Barrett cost him a World title match, right? I know they're facing on Smackdown, it wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of triple threat at the Rumble, or even fatal four way, develop in the remaining time.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Sykesy wrote:
Sorry, Are you off your face?

You want to see Edge and Kane go at it once again and have Kane win the World Championship again? you must be.

Why would Kane being champion again be a bad thing? Smackdown has been even more boring since he lost the belt.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Kane title reign sucked after Bragging Rights. That is why it is a bad thing.

Also, SD has been worse since he has lost the belt because I think the whole "Rated-R Superstar" appeal has died and many do not care for a Face Edge. Throw the belt on Ziggler, Barrett or Del Rio and then we are in for an interesting ride Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 am

Alright...time to start speculating. Who's gonna win the Rumble?

My pick is still Swagger.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 pm

*Card Updated*

Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World title added.

Looks like I was wrong about him not getting his hot at the Rumble. I doubt he'll win, but if he did I'd at least try and watch Smackdown. This guy's been one of my favorites since his first match as Ziggler against Batista.

SEZ wrote:
Alright...time to start speculating. Who's gonna win the Rumble?

My pick is still Swagger.

After his last title reign, I doubt it. I haven't really been watching WWE, so I don't really know who will win.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:28 pm

CM Punk will win it ...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:56 pm

My guess is Cena will win the Rumble to go on to face Miz at Mania.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Evan bourne. Evan Bourne.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Evan Bourne isn't cleared to work until late February - early March.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Sykesy wrote:
CM Punk will win it ...

I don't see that happening. I still see Miz holding the title until at least Mania, and their is no way WWE will have a heel versus heel scenario at Mania for the WWE title.

I can't see him going to Smackdown either, as that disrupts him becoming the leader of Nexus on Raw.

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
My guess is Cena will win the Rumble to go on to face Miz at Mania.

I think this is probably what's going to happen now.

Master of Destruction wrote:
Evan bourne. Evan Bourne.

EdgeHead wrote:
Evan Bourne isn't cleared to work until late February - early March.

This. Although, I don't think Evan Bourne would have a shot in hell of winning the Royal Rumble anyway.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:19 pm

*Card Updated*

30-man Rumble increased to 40-man Rumble. An additional ten in the Rumble sounds pretty epic, awesome decision by WWE.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 pm

*Card Updated*

The known participants to the Rumble have been added in spoiler tags. I figured this was best as it takes up the least amount of space, and I wanted to include as much information about the card as possible.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:17 pm

^^ Good call.

I don't really watch wrestling but John Cena seems like a logical prediction based on what I know has been happening recently in WWE. If not him then perhaps Triple H? Maybe he's recovered from his injury and WWE seems to like swerve Rumble winners in recent years (Cena, Edge etc).
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Storme wrote:
^^ Good call.

I don't really watch wrestling but John Cena seems like a logical prediction based on what I know has been happening recently in WWE. If not him then perhaps Triple H? Maybe he's recovered from his injury and WWE seems to like swerve Rumble winners in recent years (Cena, Edge etc).

I don't think it's going be Triple H. Everything I read about HHH recently, says that he is preparing to wind down in-ring. I've read him say that he thinks he is past the point of getting titles (or something like that, I might search for it later), and that he was starting to learn more backstage stuff that he didn't already know. So, I don't think he's return is going to involve him winning the Rumble (it certainly could).
Back to top Go down
J. Williams | Deathstrike
Wrestling Fan
J. Williams | Deathstrike

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:12 pm

I think it might just be Triple H, and when he wins, I'm saying it here and now... Triple H vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 for the World Heavyweight Championship. Don't say that I didn't call it, because when everything comes down to it, there's nobody else who could match HBK vs. Taker or HBK vs. Taker II... and this is the only thing that makes sense. Triple H gets his Rumble win, he waits until Elimination Chamber where he finds out that Taker wins, and to avenge not only HBK's two losses but his X7 loss, HHH chooses to face Taker at Mania for the title.

This is the only match that can happen this year at Mania to warrant Taker a believable challenge. The only other options would be CM Punk, John Cena, and Randy Orton... but they're all busy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jacky.williams
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 pm

J. Williams | Deathstrike wrote:
I think it might just be Triple H, and when he wins, I'm saying it here and now... Triple H vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 for the World Heavyweight Championship. Don't say that I didn't call it, because when everything comes down to it, there's nobody else who could match HBK vs. Taker or HBK vs. Taker II... and this is the only thing that makes sense. Triple H gets his Rumble win, he waits until Elimination Chamber where he finds out that Taker wins, and to avenge not only HBK's two losses but his X7 loss, HHH chooses to face Taker at Mania for the title.

This is the only match that can happen this year at Mania to warrant Taker a believable challenge. The only other options would be CM Punk, John Cena, and Randy Orton... but they're all busy.

I wouldn't say you didn't call it, I'd say you called it after Edgehead posted that their has been talks of Trips vs. Taker. Anyways, that match surely could happen, and you could've missed that thread and still predicted that match, but I highly doubt it will be for the World title. Found that article I was referring to earlier...

Quote :
- The February 2011 issue of WWE Magazine features Triple H on the cover and talks about his return to WWE TV, focuses on him being a headliner at WrestleMania 27. Here are some highlights:

How his next run will differ from his previous runs:
"In the past, my goal was just becoming WWE champion or World Hvt. champion. But, there's a certain time when you get beyond that. Shawn moved beyond that... I don't have to be contending for a championship. Undertaker doesn't have to be in contention. We've moved beyond needing a title to prove that we're the best. That's where I am now. (John) Cena will eventually be there."

Triple H went on to talk about how he and The Undertaker are the last two veterans left in the WWE locker room. He mentioned how there were "20 veterans and three green guys" when he started and "now, you walk into our locker room and there are 30 green guys and two veterans."

Source: PWTorch.com

Only put what was needed. Got this from lordsofpain, which got it from PWTorch. The point their being that I don't see the match happening for the World Title. It doesn't need the world title, and neither man should really be carrying the belt right now. Taker's health is obviously a problem, and I legitimately believe Triple H is past that and that he is moving more into the other prospects of WWE (albeit, I don't see his retirement coming in a year). Besides, the match will generate a ton of interest without the title on the line, so there is no reason to put the belt on the line. Don't see it happening for the belt, and I really don't want it to.

Also, I wouldn't eliminate Punk, Cena, or Orton because they're busy now. Shawn vs. Taker at Mania XXV only had a month at most to be built up, as Shawn was having his feud with JBL up until No Way Out (or Elimination Chamber if it was already renamed then).
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:36 pm

*Card Updated*

Diva's Championship match added; Drew McIntyre, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel, Mason Ryan, and Wade Barrett added to the Royal Rumble.

Natalya better retain, and I like most of the new Rumble participants so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:05 pm

*Card Updated*

Cody Rhodes removed from the Rumble, while Big Show, Chris Masters, JTG, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, & Vladimir Kozlov were added. I assume the rest of the spots are surprise entrants.

Anyways, anyone else bothered that WWE removed Rhodes from the list? I haven't really read anything about why, besides maybe to do with his broken nose storyline, which would only bother me more.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Royal Rumble Results

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rrrii
Edge (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler to retain the World Heavyweight Championship

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rrrii
The Miz (c) defeated Randy Orton, with the help of New Nexus, to retain the WWE Championship

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rrriii
Eve defeated Natalya (c), Layla, and Michelle McCool to become the new Diva's Champion

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Rrriv
Alberto Del Rio wins the Royal Rumble

Note: Natalya was the champion during the match, so that's why she has the (c) during the divas match.

Last edited by X on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atryx
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm

My only complaint was the Divas match. No one cares about Eve. She gets no heat, good or bad, and really hasn't done anything to even be in the title hunt. Granted that the Divas division isn't all that great, but that surprise slot could have gone to someone more logical/deserving like Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, or even Awsome Kong.

The Rumble was interesting this year. After CM Punk and Morrison got eliminated I knew Del Rio was going to win only because he makes the most sense at this point due to his build up. He's been on Raw and Smackdown these last few weeks meaning WWE wants this guy to excel. The writing was on the wall for him and it was only a matter of time.

Overall a decent PPV that sets up some feuds going into Mania. Next stop, the Elimination Chamber (One of my top 3 favorite PPVs of the year)

Am I the only one that was kind of hoping Santino would win XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*   The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results* Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Royal Rumble Thread *Results*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next