Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All Time Favorite UFC Fight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

All Time Favorite UFC Fight Empty
PostSubject: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:29 pm

This doesn't have to be the best fight you ever seen. What I am asking is for you favorite UFC fight.

My personal favorite UFC fight is Couture vs. Gonzaga, for the UFC HW Championship, at UFC 74. Coming into this fight, people did not give Couture much of a chance. Randy was 44 at the time and was one fight into his comeback. Gonzanga was said to be bigger, stronger, faster, better BJJ, and better striking. Zaga won the chance to fight for the title with one of the best head kick finishes in UFC history. Couture comes into this fight and did what he does best. Couture put Zaga against the cage and gave him 5 mins of dirty boxing. Early into the second RD, Couture had Zaga back against the cage and scored a huge TKD. Once Randy had him on the mat, it was all over. Couture gave him the ground and pound that has made Randy one of the greatest MMA fighters in history.

That is my favorite fight, what is yours? I will be very surprised to see anyone other then Baba post a response. So, go ahead and surprise me Smile I like surprises.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:01 am

Lesners world heavyweight championship fight
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Which one? The one where he beat the hell out of Randy Couture, the Lesnar/Mir 2, or the submission win over Shane Carwin.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:37 pm

^^Or his loss against Velasquez Razz

My favourite would probably be Cro Cop/Fedor back in Pride. Just a collision of the top 2 heavyweights in the world, both in their primes, and they just went at each other hard. Just a bit of everything in that fight from 2 heavy hitters.

Some other random slugfests that newer MMA fans who might only enjoy striking would be Garcia/Sung Jung at WEC 48, Cyborg/Manhoef at Cage Rage 15 and Griffin/Bonnar at TUF 1 Finale.

*EDIT* I just noticed that this is favourite UFC fight...not MMA fight...and 3 of the 4 I listed weren't actually in the UFC...so I guess my answer would be Griffin/Bonnar since that's the only one left from what I listed Razz Though if I included my bias into my answer...I would say GSP/Hieron or GSP/Trigg. Complete domination.

Last edited by babaganoosh on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Which one? The one where he beat the hell out of Randy Couture, the Lesnar/Mir 2, or the submission win over Shane Carwin.

Randy Couture
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
ibringthefuckingfireworks
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
ibringthefuckingfireworks

PostSubject: Re: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Tanner/Baroni 2 comes to mind and the first Ortiz/Shamrock was excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Time Favorite UFC Fight   All Time Favorite UFC Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

All Time Favorite UFC Fight
Page 1 of 1