Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UFC: Fight For The Troops 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

UFC: Fight For The Troops 2 Empty
PostSubject: UFC: Fight For The Troops 2   UFC: Fight For The Troops 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Main cardLightweight bout: Evan Dunham vs. Melvin Guillard
Heavyweight bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. George Roop
Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
Lightweight bout: Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary card (Facebook.com Live Stream)Lightweight bout: Cody McKenzie vs. Yves Edwards
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Guymon

Preliminary cardFeatherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya
Lightweight bout: Waylon Lowe vs. Willamy Freire
Welterweight bout: Charlie Brenneman vs. Amilcar Alves
Bantamweight bout: Will Campuzano vs. Chris Cariaso

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

UFC: Fight For The Troops 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC: Fight For The Troops 2   UFC: Fight For The Troops 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am

*sigh* I miss having CJ around Sad

Curious whether anybody will even read this...so I'll just keep it short Razz

5/5 on my main card predictions on bookie, so *high five*.

Guillard is one of the most dangerous guys at LW and just like Bones, he's a great athlete that just needs good coaching and Greg Jackson makes these 2 athleticly gifted guys monsters in the octagon. Another win or 2 and I want to see Guillard fight for the title.

Hague looked bad against Mitrione last night in his third stint in the UFC. It wouldn't surprise me if he was already released. While Mitrione has improved a fair bit since his time on TUF, I'm still not fully sold on him really being a contender yet since his competition has been at a pretty low level so far. I'm curious to see whether they'll give him tougher competition next time out.

Hominick just completely owned Roop. The striking was so technical, crisp, and he was going in with great angles. I did find it weird that the ref just let Roop stand up himself after putting a stop to the fight because Roop got hurt too bad. For a second there, I wasn't sure if he was just woozy and stumbling towards Hominick or he was try to get a cheapshot off (see Paul Daley).

Barry got the win, but didn't look that impressive to me. I was a little surprised he got a 30-27 as I though he for sure lost the first round, but he deserved the win anyways for destroying Beltran's leg and killing a few of his brain cells with those head kicks. His stand-up was desccribed as elite and while he throws everything heavy, his evasion isn't really that great. He just stood in front of Beltran and got tagged fairly often, though he does have a good chin for getting hit all those times and not really wobbling. Against someone who has more power, like a Shane Carwin, it could get ugly for him real fast if he doesn't learn to use his footwork to get out of the way.

Wiman looked like a completely new fighter against Miller. Just so aggressive and outside of the first minute or two of the fight, he just dominated Miller. Ground and pound all day. Props to Miller for not getting finished, but he was thoroughly dominated.
Back to top Go down

UFC: Fight For The Troops 2
Page 1 of 1