Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More Empty
PostSubject: Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More   Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:20 pm

- Green Bay Packer Clay Matthews told WWE.com that NFL officials didn't like Aaron Rodgers' World Heavyweight Title belt celebration after the Super Bowl. He said: "The league [NFL] office really didn't like it. But we didn't care, because we were having fun. It was fitting because we were world champions. That was his celebratory dance to let everyone know he had the title. It’s only right, bringing it out and letting everyone know who the real champs are. The Packer fans and the WWE Universe enjoyed it!"

Regarding a future with WWE, Matthews commented: "I’ve got the long hair and some muscles. All I need is the right training and I’ve got this thing wrapped up."

Matthews said on The Herd show this past week that he was pulled backstage by Triple H and invited to participate in the angle on SmackDown.

The Packers' appearance on SmackDown has led to more mainstream publicity for WWE this weekend on E!, Jim Rome and other shows.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More   Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Firstly, Matthews is making it seem to easy, I don't like that. More importantly though, the boost in publicity is why I'm not against stuff like this. I don't personal care about football, so while I'd rather not watch them on WWE, it leads to something good for WWE, which is hard for me to complain about it.
Back to top Go down

Clay Matthews Talks WWE Future, NFL Officials, More
Page 1 of 1