Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More

Go down 
+4
MANU SOLDIER
Ayen
DoctorCube
EdgeHead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More Empty
PostSubject: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm

- WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio spoke with Slam Wrestling this weekend. Here are some highlights from this interview

Making the transition from luchador to WWE Superstar:
"I'm going to be totally honest with you, it was really hard. I feel great now, but at the beginning it was really difficult because I had wrestled with that mask for over 10 years everywhere, Mexico, Japan, Europe and at the beginning it was hard because you're not used to selling your expressions. But I was there in FCW with guys like Norman (Smiley), Dr. Tom Pritchard, with Dusty Rhodes, and they helped me a lot. They helped me all the way. I think there's a reason I'm doing such a good job here in WWE."

"In Mexico, we wrestle on the right side. Here in America, we do it on the left side. That was the hardest part. Then how to work for the cameras, for TV, sell my expressions, all those things were really difficult at the beginning, but at this moment I feel really comfortable and I think, well, I don't think, I'm sure I'm doing a great job."

Developing the Alberto Del Rio character:

"To develop my character, I only used experiences from people I hate. That's making my job really easy. All your life, you have the chance to know people where you hate the way they talk, the way they walk, the way they express themselves and that's what I do to develop my character. I just remember people I hate through the years and that's Alberto Del Rio right there."

A conversation with Vince McMahon before debuting:
"Before my debut, Mr. McMahon told me, 'You gotta believe to make people believe.' When he told me that, I was like, 'OK, all that I need is to believe my character and that way, everyone in the crowd will believe in this character.' That's what I do every time I go out, I really believe I'm Alberto Del Rio. I really believe I have all those cars, all those millions."

His father, Dos Caras Sr., working with WWE on the recent Mexico tour
:
"For a week, they made my dad feel like a superstar again. My father is one of those guys who really loves the business, who misses the business, who misses the road. The fact that the company invited him to do that tour in Mexico, that was something incredible. For me, imagine this, my father, my teacher, my friend, he was next to me, in the corner while I was facing Rey and the Undertaker in front of my own people from Mexico. That was a really incredible experience."

His future with WWE:
"I think I'm going to be heavyweight champion in this company very soon. In two years, I think I'm going to be one of the main guys in this company, one of the top five guys in this company. That's the reason I came here, that's the reason I left everything behind -- my friends, my family, my house in Mexico, my status. I was a big superstar in Mexico and when I came to WWE, no one knew me. Now I'm building my career here in the States, little by little and I'm sure I'm going to be one of the main guys pretty soon."
Back to top Go down
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:26 am

Good luck to Dos Caras Jr. I wish him well and I've been warming up to Del Rio as of late, though I wonder why he left and didn't use the Dos Caras mask and persona.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 am

I actually never knew how hard the transition from wrestling in Mexico to America was before now. Good for him for being able to overcome these setbacks while beginning work for WWE. I laughed when I read the part about him remembering everybody he hated to develop his character. Nice.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:52 am

I cant wait till Del Rio, becomes WWE or WHC champion.....But most importantly i hope WWE keep him a heel, as he is very good at playing one. I also think he should be tranfared to Raw.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 pm

You really want Del Rio on Raw with the current state of Smackdown?

That seems stupid to me as Del Rio [And Ziggler] are the only two reasons why I am watching Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Obviously that isnt going to happen now is it?.....I mean when SD gets back on track.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Del Rio is one of my least favorite wrestlers on the WWE roster. Maybe he's improved in the time I've stopped watching, but for months he was one guy who was always guaranteed to almost put me to sleep while talking, and minus a few enzuigiri's, always stood out as bland in the ring.

Anyways, the interview was an alright read. Didn't really learn much, as most of it I either knew, or was obvious. Although I didn't know about WWE bringing Dos Caras Sr. on that tour, that was cool of them.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 am

SD is awesome, but I am pretty sure the brand extension will be over within the next 6 months. I think it will end when the Draft comes around. Del Rio needs to stay on SD. I don't really like him, but WWE needs to stop taking every star from SD. It doesn't always work out anyway. What happened when Kennedy was moved to Raw? Injuires and his release. What happened when MVP was moved to Raw? They had nothing really good for him and he fell off the map.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:12 am

Smackdown isn't awesome. It was for the Kane promos during the Taker feud. It was for the first few weeks of Del Rio, but now its very boring. This live Smackdown was the worst its been.

Very happy for Del Rio. He's one of my favorites right now and I'm absolutely pulling for him to win the World Heavyweight Championship as soon as possible, hopefully at Wrestlemania.

Quote :
Good luck to Dos Caras Jr. I wish him well and I've been warming up to Del Rio as of late, though I wonder why he left and didn't use the Dos Caras mask and persona.

He left because its WWE. Most wrestlers still want to go to WWE...

He didn't wear the mask because he's a heel, and WWE is probably scared the fans would force him to become face like they did Orton, if he wore a mask, or that they'd like him more than Rey, causing him to become the face.

Though thats just my bullshit opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More   Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More Empty

Back to top Go down

Del Rio Talks His WWE Future, Becoming a WWE Star, More
Page 1 of 1