Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ask X

Go down 
+9
Rey De Reyes
Mr. Cool Smark
Scrooge
Sykesy
Master of Destruction
SEZ
Storme
Inah
Y2J X
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Okay, I'm here, and this is my ask me thread.

Last edited by X on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inah
Upper-Carder

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Yayyy! How's life?
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Nearly a month later, thoughts on that RP? xD
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Inah wrote:
Yayyy! How's life?

It's alright. Definitely depends on the time of the day. Typically very depressed during the morning and happier as the day goes on. At this point very good.

Ashburn wrote:

Aw, fuck I forgot. I'm sorry, I'll review it tomorrow, once school gets out. If it's not reviewed by monday, feel free to punish me with your admin powers.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Upper-Carder

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Good to hear you're very well right now.

Oh, and if you have a little more free time, read Aesha RPs on the gen RP section and guess who "..." is? I think I've asked you the same question about 2 months ago. ;P
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Inah wrote:

Oh, and if you have a little more free time, read Aesha RPs on the gen RP section and guess who "..." is? I think I've asked you the same question about 2 months ago. ;P

And I think I somewhat answered that. Anyways, sure, might not do it on the same day as MF's, but I'll get it done on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Your new username is badass.

Anyway, thinking of RPing again, huh? What do you have in mind for this next character?
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Oh...you're Y2J X...

Still reading Teen Titans?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Ashburn wrote:
Your new username is badass.

Anyway, thinking of RPing again, huh? What do you have in mind for this next character?

Indeed. I'm planning on a heel (& face) character, with promos done in the same manner as Flaherty, in terms of thoughts being present frequently. I'm going to take advantage of the fact that for all my RPs, the character development part normally wasn't technically a part of the promo, since the promo was taped during each RP. Therefore, this character will be a heel for promos (to add the edge that Flaherty lacked), and would be more of a nice person in real life. Wouldn't break kayfabe though, I'd have it explained that he does this for a particular reason.

Also, I've had several unused ideas, some that go back from Flaherty, and even one or two that come from the Michael Cash days. I'm looking forward to be a different kind of RPer, and hopefully, in a good way.

SEZ wrote:
Oh...you're Y2J X...

Still reading Teen Titans?

Nah, once that online comics thing shut down I haven't read any comics.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Ashburn wrote:

It better of been "We Were Once A Fairytale", because if not I'm going to be a little annoyed with myself. Anyways, it was an excellent RP. Doesn't crack into my top three favorite from you, but was definitely an entertaining read. Time for the elaboration...

Starting from with what I'm going to call the cold opening (very small section before the title appears). Immediately, I get kind of ticked when I read this, "Steve Storme and his girlfriend Scarlett are sat on a black leather sofa", but that's the only thing that really bugged me, and that's not a big deal or anything. Otherwise, a good beginning, with a different vibe from the rest of RP, which set up the rest of the RP somehow. Kind of difficult to explain, but it does.

His conversation with McCoy is awesome. A lot of great Storme lines here, but the one that takes the icing on the cake is this little exchange...

Quote :
McCoy: All you’ll have is memories.

Storme: You’re right, Mark.

Mark looks at him quizzically, surprised at Storme’s response. Steve then blows his cigarette smoke into the face of McCoy, with a little smirk.

Storme: But at least I’ll have the memories – you’ll never have a thing.

Probably my favorite Steve Storme line.

Moving on, the next part is one that I considered the most confusing. Not sure if the whole Scarlett thing was done in an earlier RP but I was a bit confused to see him with Scarlett in the cold opening, to this portion. In my instance, I kind of figured most of the womanizing (best word I can think of) was due to him being drunk. The call to Scarlett and the woman beater line changed this up for me, and was another way to see how Storme has gotten worse. Does bring up one question, the girl whose hair he brushed because he thought it was someone else. I assumed it was Scarlett he was referring to, but it kind of strikes me odd after finishing reading the portion. So, I guess it was because he was drunk and judgment was altered, his attempt to try and get back with Scarlett (or what would be), he was referring to someone else, or that he wasn't referring to anyone else, and it was just an excuse.

The next portion was cool. I assume all the girls shown with Storme during those dream segments where in previous RPs but since hair color was the only thing mentioned, and that's not something I can remember in writings, I'd have trouble putting who was each example. One thing I noticed is how each case the actions done got more gruesome, showcasing how Steve's self-sabotaging has gotten to worse levels over time (at least I'm assuming they were going forward in time, either way, it definitely show the different severity of each occasion). With the direction this RP seemed to be going, I realized that it was Storme who was the shadow figure (calling him that, sound's cool), but I'm really glad that Storme was purple. That was a very awesome moment, and the color was a big reason. Nice callback to those days (want to say that took place in MMIX [2009], bad with years) which serves as an important point in the RP, which is detailed a bit more going forward.

Storme's discussion with his demons, Devil Storme so to speak. Just amazing, pulling almost all of the parts together. From his convo with McCoy (which was involved in all, as this just kind of [further] established it), the drunken part (his falling from glory, which was showcased during the talk with the more attractive woman), and the dream part (his old glory MMIX [2009] Storme, but more evidently that he is the key problem).

As for the PWN part, it kind of seemed lacking until Storme uttered this, "As for me, well... I’m half the man I once was... And that’s still three times the man you ever will be." Starting with that line, the quality of it increased significantly. That maybe just me though. Anyways, kind of a book ending, ending with how it began (sorta). Both dealing with his match on Nathan.

In closing, another excellent Storme RP.

Inah wrote:

Should get to this tomorrow. If not, I'm sorry in advance, and I'll probably have to get to it next week but I'll try and fit it in during the week if I can't on Saturday.

Last edited by X on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:05 pm

X wrote:
It better of been "We Were Once A Fairytale", because if not I'm going to be a little annoyed with myself. Anyways, it was an excellent RP. Doesn't crack into my top three favorite from you, but was definitely an entertaining read. Time for the elaboration...

Starting from with what I'm going to call the cold opening (very small section before the title appears). Immediately, I get kind of ticked when I read this, "Steve Storme and his girlfriend Scarlett are sat on a black leather sofa", but that's the only thing that really bugged me, and that's not a big deal or anything. Otherwise, a good beginning, with a different vibe from the rest of RP, which set up the rest of the RP somehow. Kind of difficult to explain, but it does.

His conversation with McCoy is awesome. A lot of great Storme lines here, but the one that takes the icing on the cake is this little exchange...

Quote :
McCoy: All you’ll have is memories.

Storme: You’re right, Mark.

Mark looks at him quizzically, surprised at Storme’s response. Steve then blows his cigarette smoke into the face of McCoy, with a little smirk.

Storme: But at least I’ll have the memories – you’ll never have a thing.

Probably my favorite Steve Storme line.

Moving on, the next part is one that I considered the most confusing. Not sure if the whole Scarlett thing was done in an earlier RP but I was a bit confused to see him with Scarlett in the cold opening, to this portion. In my instance, I kind of figured most of the womanizing (best word I can think of) was due to him being drunk. The call to Scarlett and the woman beater line changed this up for me, and was another way to see how Storme has gotten worse. Does bring up one question, the girl whose hair he brushed because he thought it was someone else. I assumed it was Scarlett he was referring to, but it kind of strikes me odd after finishing reading the portion. So, I guess it was because he was drunk and judgment was altered, his attempt to try and get back with Scarlett (or what would be), he was referring to someone else, or that he wasn't referring to anyone else, and it was just an excuse.

The next portion was cool. I assume all the girls shown with Storme during those dream segments where in previous RPs but since hair color was the only thing mentioned, and that's not something I can remember in writings, I'd have trouble putting who was each example. One thing I noticed is how each case the actions done got more gruesome, showcasing how Steve's self-sabotaging has gotten to worse levels over time (at least I'm assuming they were going forward in time, either way, it definitely show the different severity of each occasion). With the direction this RP seemed to be going, I realized that it was Storme who was the shadow figure (calling him that, sound's cool), but I'm really glad that Storme was purple. That was a very awesome moment, and the color was a big reason. Nice callback to those days (want to say that took place in MMIX [2009], bad with years) which serves as an important point in the RP, which is detailed a bit more going forward.

Storme's discussion with his demons, Devil Storme so to speak. Just amazing, pulling almost all of the parts together. From his convo with McCoy (which was involved in all, as this just kind of [further] established it), the drunken part (his falling from glory, which was showcased during the talk with the more attractive woman), and the dream part (his old glory MMIX [2009] Storme, but more evidently that he is the key problem).

As for the PWN part, it kind of seemed lacking until Storme uttered this, "As for me, well... I’m half the man I once was... And that’s still three times the man you ever will be." Starting with that line, the quality of it increased significantly. That maybe just me though. Anyways, kind of a book ending, ending with how it began (sorta). Both dealing with his match on Nathan.

In closing, another excellent Storme RP.

Thank you for the compliments, sir. I rank this as one of my top three RPs ever. To respond to some of your comments...

Yes, he thought the women he brushed was Scarlett due to his drunken state. He's reminded of Scarlett again when the woman at the bar mentions her, after he's lied about being World Champion to look better. This causes him to make the call but after staring at himself in the mirror, and realising just what he's become, he realises that she's better off without him. And no, I hadn't done anything hinting at the abuse in previous RPs, but I did explain it better in RPs after We Were Once A Fairytale.

The dream segment was supposed to represent Kaya (brunette), Scarlett (blonde) and Aesha (black) - the three most prominant women in his time in CGS. The dream shows how he's ruined any possible relationship with any of them through his own faults. I'm glad you liked the return of mediumslateblue, I felt it was a nice touch as it represents a time when Storme was on top of the world when it comes to the ring. If you didn't get it, the part where he's crawling along the corridor represents his lack of friends in the business and it's himself who's made it that way, symbolized through the smack to the floor. Then he's reminded he's responsible for Kaya's death.

And yeah, I aimed to build slowly towards that line, which I hoped would be the one which stands out above all. It's a pity I couldn't make the first batch of paragraphs more engaging, but I'm pleased I finished strongly as that was the intention.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Favorite movie?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Master of Destruction wrote:
Favorite movie?

Back To The Future II, no question about it. Pretty much every second of it was epic, and the other few that weren't were still amazing.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:41 pm

If you could write a show and use any celebrities you want (living or dead). What would t be about and who would be in it?
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:32 am

Thoughts on "Can't Knock the Hustle"? I don't want to pester you for feedback when you're busier these days but I'm quite pleased with that RP and think it's worth a read for anyone who enjoys my work.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Scrooge
Heat Wrestler
Scrooge

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:22 am

Thoughts on Sonichu?

Thoughts on my RP for CAW 1.1?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 4:20 pm

EWF-Restarted

What do you think? Which wrestlers look the most promising?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Sykesy wrote:
EWF-Restarted

What do you think? Which wrestlers look the most promising?

I don't remember EWF, so I'm assuming it was during the time I wasn't really paying attention to much on CGS. Anyways, seems promising. I like that it has an established arena, but also ventures outward. The PPV (special event, whatever) names vary. Unchained is a cool name but Welcome To The Jungle just reminds me of that song I hate.

As for promising wrestlers; The Ascension, Austin Starr, Alex Harris, and Sid Ashton. Both members of The Ascension seem cool and the pic base for Incubus is just perfect. Just really looks like he could come from The Underworld. Isn't entirely the same deal with Hellion, but it's not like I could come up with anyone better. Austin Starr Ab Workout finisher is a rare finisher that really compliments the characters gimmick. That makes him stand out alone. Alex Harris has a great picture base, cool Cloverleaf variation, a great move-set that easily fits with the Mr. Wrestling nickname. One cool thing I noticed, is that the "Mr. Wrestling" seems to apply to the non-professional side of wrestling, as all but his finishing maneuver are holds. Sid Ashton has the coolest nickname, and I searched Rubix Cube Driver, and it's a cool move.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cool Smark
Dark Match Wrestler
Mr. Cool Smark

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Thoughts on Psycho Dragon?
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:29 pm

If you could write a show and use any celebrities you want (living or dead). What would t be about and who would be in it?

I've written my shows, sort of. I haven't written any scripts but I've done a bunch of shows with a ton of episode summary's. Most of those only last a season (22-25 episodes), but I did one that last 264 episodes.

Anyways, something like a cop/FBI (probably cop, it would probably be easier to instill humour) show. Although, it will be in the same vain of Scrubs. The surroundings and the main occupation of the show will allow for drama and comedy could be written in easily (probably not as easy).

As for celebrities, none in particular.

Mr. Cool Smark wrote:
Thoughts on Psycho Dragon?

I'm a fan from what I've read. I've probably only read two or three and they were awhile ago, so I can't go into too much detail. I do remember the one with the crappy car dealership, that one was golden. I remember it being pretty damn funny, as well as a strong promo one why you're going to win, a really strong one, blanking on the opponent though.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:36 pm

X wrote:

I've written my shows, sort of. I haven't written any scripts but I've done a bunch of shows with a ton of episode summary's. Most of those only last a season (22-25 episodes), but I did one that last 264 episodes.

Anyways, something like a cop/FBI (probably cop, it would probably be easier to instill humour) show. Although, it will be in the same vain of Scrubs. The surroundings and the main occupation of the show will allow for drama and comedy could be written in easily (probably not as easy).

Congrats. You have just summarized Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Upper-Carder

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Not a question, but yay for having a Welsh band on your sig! ;p
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Sykesy wrote:
X wrote:

Congrats. You have just summarized Chuck.

It wasn't at all a detailed summary, I'd expect it fits with a few more shows. Besides, the actual product would be different from Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:04 pm

I meant with the whole FBI meets Scrubs. That is Chuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ask X Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask X   Ask X Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask X
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Combat Arts & Wrestling :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion :: Ask Me-
Jump to: