Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More Empty
PostSubject: Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More   Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Chris Jericho sat down with Alex Marvez to talk about a few topics. Here are some highlights:

-Jericho on his new book "Undisputed": "I liken ('Undisputed') to if Bruce Springsteen wrote two books and the first book dealt with his days in the clubs and making demo tapes. I'm sure those are some great stories, but it's not the same as reading about Bruce making 'Born in the USA.' People will be more involved in this book emotionally because they have their own experience they can relate to, like Chris Jericho winning the championship or the whole (WWE) 'Attitude' era."

-Jericho On Chris Benoit: "He was one of the best of all time, but I don't know how you can ever watch a Chris Benoit match and get into it knowing what this man did. I now watch my matches with him with a cold heart. I hate to say it, but it's almost like listening to a Charles Manson album. The guy was a talented writer and singer, but is that really what you want to listen to?"

-Jericho on returning to WWE: "When the time comes for me to come back, you're not going to see the suits and slow-talking Jericho anymore. Now when you turn on WWE, every heel is talking like that and wearing a suit. I refuse to do it. It's not about what happened in the past. It's about reinventing yourself for the future. I've only been gone four months. WWE is doing fine without Chris Jericho."
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More   Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Jericho's first book was great, but I'm definitely looking forward to his new book more than his first.

I can understand his stance on Benoit, but the Charles Manson comparison bugs me. Benoit's brain had serious damage to it (Alzheimer of an 80 year old), he definitely wasn't himself when that tragedy happened. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but I can get into his match because it wasn't Benoit that did it. You guys know what I mean.

Oh, hell yeah! I really didn't want to see Jericho return doing that again...
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More   Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:38 pm

I can understand Jericho's perception of things when it comes to Benoit. I know that even I, being a big Chris Benoit fan, have been incapable of watching his Hard Knocks DVD ever since the tragedy. I can still watch some of his work if it's on another compilation for instance but nothing entirely devoted to him. We can all make the separation between Chris Benoit the wrestler and Chris Benoit the murderer, even if he was brain-damaged but yeah, I completely understand where Jericho's coming from on this.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More   Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:28 am

I get the reason that Jericho feels that way about the Benoit tragedy, but like X said, it wasn't totally Benoits fault.

I also can't wait for his new book. I've read his first book 2 or 3 times. I wonder ifJericho will have anything to say about Benoit in his book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More   Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More Empty

Back to top Go down

Jericho on His New Book, Returning to WWE, and More
Page 1 of 1