Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hardy court case delayed again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

Hardy court case delayed again Empty
PostSubject: Hardy court case delayed again   Hardy court case delayed again EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Quote :
Examiner.com has provided an update on TNA Champion Jeff Hardy's pending drug charges.

Hardy was in a North Carolina courtroom on Wednesday to defend himself against various drug charges stemming from his September 2009 arrest.

According to the Moore County Sheriff's Office police report, found 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and items of drug paraphernalia when doing a search of Hardy's home.

Hardy was hit with a long list of charges - including:

- Conspiracy to traffic in Opium
- Trafficking in Opium by possession
- 2 counts of possession with intent to distribute
- Felony possession of cocaine
- Felony maintaining a controlled substance in a vehicle/dwelling/place
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia

As we've seen a number of times before, the Moore County Superior Court delayed the case yet again - with Hardy due back in court on January 20th.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Hardy court case delayed again   Hardy court case delayed again EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:34 pm

Holy crap, his lawyer is good.

Seriously, if I ever get in trouble in the state of North Carolina (which I doubt I'll ever be), I want this guy to defend me.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Hardy court case delayed again   Hardy court case delayed again EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:50 pm

That guy can defend you in almost any state. He is either on the Bar in more then one state, or he gets local concil and becomes part of their legal team. The legal term for this is pro hac vice.

: (proh hock vee-chay) prep. Latin for "this time only," the phrase refers to the application of an out-of-state lawyer to appear in court for a particular trial, even though he/she is not licensed to practice in the state where the trial is being held. The application is usually granted, but sometimes the court requires association with a local attorney.
Back to top Go down
Black Dagger
Dark Match Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Hardy court case delayed again   Hardy court case delayed again EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:18 am

His luck will run out sooner rather than later...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardy court case delayed again   Hardy court case delayed again Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardy court case delayed again
Page 1 of 1