Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name Empty
PostSubject: WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name   WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 pm

- WWE is reportedly having trouble trademarking the name "Sin Cara", apparently because they failed to begin the process the right way. WWE applied for a Sin Cara trademark back in February, but the USPTO responded to the application and said WWE needed to clarify whether or not the trademark applies to a living person.

WWE responded to that by saying that the name does not represent a living individual, but it represents a stage name that is owned by WWE. The USPTO needs WWE to submit written consent from Sin Cara himself to trademark the name. WWE has 6 months to follow-up.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name   WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 am

They may not have to worry about it. Sin Cara was suspended for breaking the Wellness Policy and I've read they may not even bring him back up after the thirty-days are up.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name   WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:27 pm

If WWE didn't bring Sin Cara back that would be quite possibly the dumbest decision they ever made. He's definitely coming back. Those very same reports say WWE has known about it for a month. Also, Cara had a new attire at MiTB. Why would he debut a new attire in his final appearance?
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name   WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:49 pm

hippnotizeinfamousminds wrote:
If WWE didn't bring Sin Cara back that would be quite possibly the dumbest decision they ever made. He's definitely coming back. Those very same reports say WWE has known about it for a month. Also, Cara had a new attire at MiTB. Why would he debut a new attire in his final appearance?

Well, I think the attire's on the wrestler. RVD get's is done by a friend of his (or something like that, RVD showed who did it on the DVD, don't remember if he was a friend or not), CM Punk did the macho man trunks on his own accord, and I recall reading the Miz stating switching over to a more traditional attire was something he choose to do to be taken more seriously.

I'm sure he'll be back, but I think it'll be a bit longer than thirty days. Just wanted to throw the whole won't be brought back up thing into discussion.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name   WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:58 am

Good point on attires. I'm sure WWE would have okayed it first tho.

WWE.com is saying he was "injured" and won't be back atleast 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name   WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Having Issues Trademarking Sin Cara's Name
Page 1 of 1