Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match

Go down 
+3
Concrete Jesus
Sykesy
MANU SOLDIER
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match Empty
PostSubject: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Just before WWE's Hell In A Cell pay-per-view event, WWE's creative team were reportedly told to develop a new idea for a 'gimmicked' cage match. Company officials feel the Hell in a Cell match has run its course and a new type of cage match is needed to draw increased revenue for future pay-per-view events. We'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Manu, Make sure you start listing the source of the article when you post the article on here.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

ok for this it was wrestling news something
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:56 pm

I read this story too, so I know he didn't make it up. Someone else may have, but not Manu Smile I don't think the structure is the problem. The problem is you can't really do a great HIAC under the PG rating. I am not going to bitch about the rating, because I am OK with it. WWE has been great under the PG rating, so I see nothing to bitch about. The only complaint I have is HIAC does not work for PG. The solution is not a new cage. The solution is don't have HIAC while they have the PG rating. If the rating ever goes back, then bring back the Cell.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:38 am

HIAC...used to be great, when u could climb the cell, use weapons soo on....but now its not as fun or hardcore....so yeah they should develope the new structure but make better then just a cage match
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:41 am

Personally I think PPV should be exempt from PG Rating. Too many good gimmick matches which don't work as well under the PG rating like the Cell, Chamber, Last Man Standing, Street Fight etc.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:43 am

yes...PPV matches should not be PG rating
Back to top Go down
I AM ROCCO
Amateur Wrestler
I AM ROCCO

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:59 am

Concrete Jesus wrote:
I read this story too, so I know he didn't make it up. Someone else may have, but not Manu Smile I don't think the structure is the problem. The problem is you can't really do a great HIAC under the PG rating. I am not going to bitch about the rating, because I am OK with it. WWE has been great under the PG rating, so I see nothing to bitch about. The only complaint I have is HIAC does not work for PG. The solution is not a new cage. The solution is don't have HIAC while they have the PG rating. If the rating ever goes back, then bring back the Cell.

Agreed.

Matches such as that and a few more cannot draw under the PG rating, it simply does not work and we have already seen it before with let down PPV's and matches for the past 2 or so years.

Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:35 am

Thats why they have now started making PPV's...using the match stipulations, for example HELL In a CELL and TLC....
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 am

Sykesy wrote:
Personally I think PPV should be exempt from PG Rating. Too many good gimmick matches which don't work as well under the PG rating like the Cell, Chamber, Last Man Standing, Street Fight etc.

This would work too, but there is no way to do a Cell match under the PG rating.
Back to top Go down
I AM ROCCO
Amateur Wrestler
I AM ROCCO

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Manu Soldier wrote:
Thats why they have now started making PPV's...using the match stipulations, for example HELL In a CELL and TLC....

or that WWE Creative are that stupid they cant think of any other decent names for new PPV'S.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:08 pm

True....But the stipulations are not as good as they used to be...same goes for the PPV names
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

They really just dumbed down the PPV title. They could have easily had the Elimination Chamber matches on the No Way Out PPV, but no, they changed the PPV title to Elimination Chamber. They could have had the TLC stipulation on the Armaggeddon PPV card, but no, they changed the title to TLC. HIAC could have happened on the No Mercy card, but no, they called the PPV HIAC. The name changes were dumb, but I don't think that is the problem.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Rating is, they need to change the PG, n mk the matches more fun
Back to top Go down
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:51 pm

old war games or tower of cages from WCW anyone?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Sykesy wrote:
I think professional wrestling as a whole should be exempt from PG rating, regardless of PPV or regular shows.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 pm

People inside the WWE have been suggesting War Games for years and Vince refuses to do it. Even HHH can't convince Vince to have War Games. I don't know why he is so against the War Games concept, but he is.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Cause it was an NWA/WCW thing. Vince is like that
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:36 pm

But WWE has used WCW/NWA concepts before. They used the GAB PPV name for a couple of years. It has been a long ass time since there was a WCW War Games. Not many people would even connect the the 2 now days. I think it is a great idea, and maybe one day he will relent and give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
But WWE has used WCW/NWA concepts before. They used the GAB PPV name for a couple of years. It has been a long ass time since there was a WCW War Games. Not many people would even connect the the 2 now days. I think it is a great idea, and maybe one day he will relent and give it a shot.

Day he dies, maybe.

Hell in a Cell doesn't work becuase it's been run into the ground. Having a whole PPV named after it and built around it is just a little too much for my taste. Just save the match for ending blood feuds.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:27 pm

I agree with that too. HIAC use to be the end all for the most voilent and personal feuds. Now, everyone knows it is coming and there was no reason for some of these matches to be in the Cell. For example, Taker vs. Punk should not have been in the Cell and Orton vs. Sheamus should not have been in the Cell. If they would have kept the No Mercy PPV title and had one Cell match on that card, it would have been fine. 2 and 3 Cell matches is way to many for one card. Hell, that is too many for 1 calender year.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:49 am

HIAC...Is supposed to be like, 1 - 3 in a year. People should be like "wow, im watching tht"....but there not, the PPV name says it all
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 pm

They had a Cell about once a year before the PPV and that great. You never knew exactly when the Cell match was coming and it was always the end all, be all of a very personal feud.
Back to top Go down
I AM ROCCO
Amateur Wrestler
I AM ROCCO

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Manu Soldier wrote:
HIAC...Is supposed to be like, 1 - 3 in a year. People should be like "wow, im watching tht"....but there not, the PPV name says it all

you got it in one.

the WOW factor is gone now..
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Yeah thats why they need a huge change
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match   Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Creative Told To Develop New Cage Match
Page 1 of 1