Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H Empty
PostSubject: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:12 pm

- WWE Studios' The Chaperone with Triple H hit theaters on a limited release this past Friday. Here are some reviews on the movie.

Variety: "Presumably there's an audience out there for old-fashioned, poorly written, unevenly thesped, family-friendly tales of redemption starring beefy wrestlers and a bunch of kids, but it's difficult to imagine who."

Hollywood Reporter: "This lame WWE produced family comedy isn't likely to turn wrestling star Paul "Triple H" Levesque into a household name."

Los Angeles Times: "Like last year's "Legendary" and "Knucklehead," which didn't exactly slam moviegoers to the mat with their entertainment chops, this haphazardly clichéd comedy-drama about redemption similarly suffers."

Filmcritic.com: "If WWE is going to continue to insist on placing its stars in ill-fitting projects like this, the least it could do is spring for some livelier material."

Roger Moore: "As funny as these guys can be when they work themselves into a purple-faced rage yelling at the TV camera, none of the current generation of wrestler-actors seem to have the charisma or comic gifts of a Hulk Hogan or Dwayne Johnson."

New York Observer: "As long as the poker-faced "Triple H" is the centerpiece, The Chaperone is not without moments of genuine sweetness. Best of all, he is the most unpretentious and least flamboyant human juggernaut to ever hit the screen."

New York Post: "Stephen Herek's "The Chaperone" is dreadful enough to make you wish Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was still making family movies. Wrestling champ Paul "Triple H" Levesque is a fairly painless screen presence, but his taste in scripts may be even worse than former WWE colleague Johnson's."
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 am

Out of curiosity, has any WWE movie gotten positive reviews from critics? I understand Orton's movies are so far good, but I'm talking about before this one. I haven't seen any WWE movies, and it certainly doesn't appear as I ever will. Of course, that's not just based off the reviews.
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:06 am

The only good WWE produced movies I've seen was The Condemmed (not sure if it was WWE produced, though) and See No Evil. Everything else... *toilet flushes*
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 am

The Condemmed was Co Produced by WWE and Lionsgate, The excecutive producer on that is listed as Vince McMahon. That was a kick ass movie. Im not close minded though, just because some asshole hollywood losers who think they are bigshots have there negative opinions doesnt mean I wont see these movies for myself.
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 am

For the record, I don't place much value on critics either. Reviews from them either normally are just the icing on the cake. In the case of this movie, just about nothing aside from Trips interests me, and I'm not actually interested in seeing Triple H in that role. So, this pretty much verifies that I won't be watching. On the other hand, if I'm really interested in a movie, and it's praised, it gives me more reason to watch it. But, my opinion is never shifted by them.

With WWE films, I normally either don't like the plot, or not a fan of the wrestler in the movie. The majority of the time, it's both. Well that, and the fact that I don't like movies in general.

Last edited by X on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added "in general")
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 am

It doesn't look like a good movie anyway. Didn't need a bunch of pretentious fucktards to tell me that.

Edit: And for the record...the Condemned was AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 am

SEZ wrote:
It doesn't look like a good movie anyway. Didn't need a bunch of pretentious fucktards to tell me that.

Yes sir you speak the truth that exactly what I was trying to say, 'pretentious fucktards.'

And the Condemmd was awesome, the best of all WWE Films in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:58 pm

I might be the only one but I thought The Marine was a good movie. It won't reinvent the genre but I've seen far worse.

And I've yet to see The Condemned. Shame on me. However, Damages is a great action movie too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H   Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Critics Review WWE's The Chaperone with Triple H
Page 1 of 1