Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Corre or The New Nexus?

Go down 
+3
Legend
Y2J X
Punk'r
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

The Corre or The New Nexus? Empty
PostSubject: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:19 am

We all know the two groups will face off sooner or later. The question is, who are you supporting?

Team Corre, featuring the talents of Wade Barret, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, and Ezekiel Jackson?

Or Team NewNexus, featuring the likes of CM Punk, David Otunga, Micheal McGillicutty, Husky Harris, and Mason Ryan?

Which is better, overall? Which do you like more? (Yes, there is a difference between these two questions.) Which do you think will go further? Which will break up first? And whatever other questions you feel necessary to answer.

The Corre or The New Nexus? Thecorenexussnackdownrawvote
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:27 am

CM Punk is easily my favorite out of anyone in both stables, but with that said, I prefer The Corre, easily. I'm a fan of both Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel. I don't mind either Jackson or Slater, I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I certainly don't have a problem with them. As for New Nexus, I like CM Punk, and I don't mind McGillicutty. I haven't seen Ryan actually wrestle, I'm really against Harris, and I haven't cared about Otunga in months. Honestly, I forget about him quite a bit.

As for who will go further and who will break up first, no clue. I want to say New Nexus will end first, as that is really dependent on Punk, whereas The Corre is a little more equal.
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 am

We think alike, X... If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were reading my mind.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:53 am

Personally I think they are the same, maybe I like The Corre a bit better. I think CM Punk, Barrett, Gabriel Ryan and Jackson all have potential and a Future (Although CM Punk has already had such an influence) As for McGillicutty, Slater, Otunga and Harris I think they just arn't that great and are highly forgettable. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw them get slowly released or put back on FCW like Harris has already.

I think Nexus relies mainly on Punk, They could disband quicker the The Corre as its all up to Punks character as he is supreme leader. As For the Corre they have a more shared power situation, yet this could backfire where Barrett could be playing them etc as it looks like is happening now.
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:55 am

I started writing a long rant on this topic but I realized that I could summaries my feeling in one sentence. New Nexus because CM Punk was nice enough to associate himself with them.

Now some quick bullet points I came up with when I came up with that little summarization there.
-Everyone in both groups (minus Punk and Zeke) have goddamn awful finishers.
-Everyone in both groups are bland and boring (cept for Punk).
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 am

^ Yeah I gotta agree, accept for Punk all of those guys are pretty boring at the moment. Plus yeah their finishers are awful besides Punk and Zeke but I think Gabriel's finisher isn't to bad. Punk Gabriel and Zeke are the only acceptions I think.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:11 am

Legend wrote:
^ Yeah I gotta agree, accept for Punk all of those guys are pretty boring at the moment. Plus yeah their finishers are awful besides Punk and Zeke but I think Gabriel's finisher isn't to bad. Punk Gabriel and Zeke are the only acceptions I think.

Gabriel is the one who does the 450 Splash right? If so then his finisher is the second worst out of the lot (the worst being Barret's). Gabriel's 450 looks shocking and every time I've seen him do it (which is mostly in beat down segments) it takes him like 3 mins to jump, and when he does he almost never lands it right. It's almost as bad as John Morrison trying to hit his crappy finisher (Starship Pain...WHAT HELL KIND OF NAME IS STARSHIP PAIN!!!!).

But that one is a matter of opinion. The 450 is a fine move. Gabriel doing it...eh.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:21 am

Yeah the whole taking 5mins to hit the Splash is really annoying, the move itself is ok but the whole sitting on the rope thinking and looking thing pisses me off, What does he have to think about... Just jump. I was watching RAW a few weeks a go when he was going to hit The 450 on McGillicutty. When he finally jumped I saw he fucked it up and landed wrong and was pretty sure he hurt himself. Not 100% sure though but I think thats what happend.
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:36 am

Suppose I'll add fuel to the fire, here...

Concerning their finishers, Justin's is great (but then again, I am a highflyer nut, sooo...), CM Punk's is beyond great, and everyone else... Do some of them even have finishers?

As I recall, the whole taking 5min to hit it was to, apperantly, install a sense of doom (sorry, DOOOOOM!) into the victim while he stands above them... Of course, why the victim simply doesn't roll away is a mystery, but that's pro wrestling for ya.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 am

Punk'r wrote:
Suppose I'll add fuel to the fire, here...

Concerning their finishers, Justin's is great (but then again, I am a highflyer nut, sooo...), CM Punk's is beyond great, and everyone else... Do some of them even have finishers?

As I recall, the whole taking 5min to hit it was to, apperantly, install a sense of doom (sorry, DOOOOOM!) into the victim while he stands above them... Of course, why the victim simply doesn't roll away is a mystery, but that's pro wrestling for ya.

The victim does not roll away because being hit with awful clubbing blows to the back and punches that make the Sandman's (in his drunker state) brawling look like Shane Carwin beating the shit out of you, is enough to paralyze a wrestler for 10 mins or until the crowd builds them back up with their nonexistant cheers and jeers.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:45 am

I'm not really a fan of the Corre. It just seems like a second-rate rehash of the original Nexus that isn't as interesting. There's not as much energy and rebellion. Heather Slater is the weak link, the group would have been better as a trio, in my opinion.

I definitely prefer the New Nexus. CM Punk is a fantastic all-round performer and he's making that team right now. The rest of the group are pretty eh but I guess that's the point. Punk is like a vicious cult leader with a team of subordinates. Sure it's a Serotonin rip-off but whatever, it's better than the Corre.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 am

I'm pretty certain Justin only does that stalking 450 (why not call it that, kind of fits), during the beatdowns. From his matches on NXT, and some of (if not all) of the matches I've seen afterwards, he just goes for it during the matches. With maybe a few seconds delay, but I don't think it's nearly as long as during the beatdowns. Hopefully, I'm not wrong.

Punk'r wrote:

From memory (I'm listing all except Punk, Gabriels, Barrett, and Jacksons)... Heath Slater - Jumping russian legsweep (called Sweetness [which I remember thanks to WWE GX), David Otunga - The Verdict, which is a spinebuster basically, I think it's a thrust spinebuster, McGillicutty - Running swinging neckbreaker, Harris - a running senton (that's what it was during NXT, and I've seen it in a beatdown [I believe]), and Ryan - Don't know, whatever the hell he hit Cena with when he debuted. There hasn't been a member in Nexus that hasn't had a finisher.

Yeah, just about all their finishers suck, it's one of the many things that lead my to hating the Nexus.
Back to top Go down
Discord
Wrestling Fan
Discord

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 pm

The Corré disbanded.

So New Nexus wins by default.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestletalk.co.cc/
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 am

Spode wrote:
The Corré disbanded.

So New Nexus wins by default.

Well, four questions were asked but eh. It doesn't matter though, New Nexus is losing it's leader relatively soon, so it's not like they're going to last any longer.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:55 am

They already lasted longer though Razz

Shame these groups never feuded.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:41 pm

hippnotizeinfamousminds wrote:
They already lasted longer though Razz

Shame these groups never feuded.

The " last any longer" was referring to how the New Nexus itself won't be lasting as soon as Punk leaves, which is in a matter of weeks. Yeah, I get that I didn't explain that well in my last post, but in my defense, I did add the "any" to help clarify. It was originally just last longer... then I'd have no leg to stand on.

Honestly, Punk is the only one in New Nexus that I care about it (McGillicutty to an extent), so I'm not sure how into a feud I'd be between Corre and Nexus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Corre or The New Nexus?   The Corre or The New Nexus? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Corre or The New Nexus?
Page 1 of 1