Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search Empty
PostSubject: WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search   WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:32 pm

World Wrestling Entertainment held a web conference today enticing prospective promotional parters and it was disclosed that the Diva Search would be brought back.

Julie Stenz, WWE's Director of Partner Marketing, said a ten-week competition would be held during the company's "regularly scheduled" programming and that sponsorship opportunities would be available.

An official start date for the upcoming competition has not been disclosed.

Organization officials have auditioned prospective female talent in recent months, some of whom are expected to participate in the Diva Search.

sources: Pro Wrestling Torch, PWInsider.com
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search   WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Why? I'm not going to be that critical or anything because some good Divas did come for it but I'm just curious as to what made them decide to bring it back.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search   WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Probably the same reasoning for Tough Enough or NXT: creating new stars instantly because they failed to develop new ones by laziness.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search   WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
Probably the same reasoning for Tough Enough or NXT: creating new stars instantly because they failed to develop new ones by laziness.

Well, okay fine but does the Diva Search even have the same success rate? I mean, pretty much everyone who came out from it, still had to be pushed as a new star, and most of them took at least a year before they even become a star, or warranting of Championship gold.

Although, granted NXT's success rate is awful. Kaitlyn's seems to have disappeared, and Kaval did like nothing and then left. I think Barrett and Bryan might be the only two stars really created through NXT. I mean every one else is basically just an unimportant minion to either Punk or Barrett. I can't say they're stars until I get the feeling that they'll continue to stay relevant when this concludes, but I can't say that. Sorry for getting off-topic a bit there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search   WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Bringing Back The Diva Search
Page 1 of 1