Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread   ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Anybody watch this yet? I just got done watching it. it was the first PPV I ordered in a long time and I must say I got my moneys worth.

I LOVE Roderick as champion. If anyone was doubtful of him being the main event player in ROH, his match with Davey solidified it. For me I knew he was ready when him and Danielson were tearing the house down back in 2005. Roderick's "Messiah of the Backbreaker" is so great because it instantly gives him a story to tell in the ring. He's a machine that will make a science out of physically destroying you. Davey Richards put in a star performance. The way he started crying when Cornette told him he lost was such great acting. Awesome facials. My only gripe with this match was that in typical ROH fashion they threw everything at you. I don't know what these two can possibly do in a rematch that they didn't do in this match.

Another match that had way too many high-spots was Steen vs. Generico. In this case however it was deserved as this was the culmination of a year long feud. As I expected this match was so crazy. LOVED the poetic finish of Generico ending Steen with the same chair that Steen started everything. You know it's really sad when the indy smart mark show does a better job at booking a storyline than WWE or TNA.

KOW vs. Briscoes was fun. Nothing out of this world as expected. Mike Briscoe was as good in the ring as he was on his promos. I liked the teased dive to the outside spot.

The rest of the show was alright. Everything was from good to decent. I didn't see TLC but I can put money on the ROH womens match being better than the TLC womens match even without the table stipulation.

Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread   ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm

If Roderick Strong hasn't improved on the mic greatly, he's not ready to be any champion. THIS is why ROH can no longer keep my interest. They have no good characters, no good talkers.

Mike Briscoe? You mean Mark? Mark Briscoe is terrible at promos.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread   ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 pm

hippnotizeinfamousminds wrote:
If Roderick Strong hasn't improved on the mic greatly, he's not ready to be any champion. THIS is why ROH can no longer keep my interest. They have no good characters, no good talkers.

Mike Briscoe? You mean Mark? Mark Briscoe is terrible at promos.

Roddy has a manager now, but yes he's horrible on the mic. Also Chris Hero and Steve Corino would disagree with your no good talkers statement. Mark Briscoe is hit and miss, personally can't stand him but a majority of people seem to think he's a good talker so whatever.

I haven't seen it, probably won't watch the whole show. I do really want to see Strong/Richards go at it though as well as the Steen/Generico match, damn that feud was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread   ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Papa Briscoe's name is Mike. He's done a better job with his promo work in his short ROH career than pretty much anyone else out there in mainstream wrestling today IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread   ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 pm

I still have yet to see the show and I'll probably buy it of Ebay but I have heard great things about Steen and Generico. The feud was without a doubt ROh feud of the year and many say it was a great way to end the feud so I am definitely interested in checking it out.

I personally despise Roderick Strong, Always have but when Davey Richards is in a match it is destined for greatness so I look forward to that as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread   ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

ROH Final Battle 2010 Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1