Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you rate the current state of WWE?

Go down 
5 posters

10 - Heaven. I'm in Heaven.
How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_lcap0%How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9 - Near Perfect. Only about one or two problems with it.
How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_lcap0%How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
8 - Great. Lacking a few things, though.
How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_lcap43%How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
7 - Good. Could improve with a couple of things, but still enjoyable.
How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_lcap14%How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
6 - Okay. Slightly better than average.
 0% [ 0 ]
5 - Average. Nothing special.
 0% [ 0 ]
4 - Meh. Lacking heaps.
How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_lcap43%How do you rate the current state of WWE? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
3 - Yawn. Needs loads of improvement.
 0% [ 0 ]
2 - Why am I watching this? Pretty bad, only one or two redeeming qualities.
 0% [ 0 ]
1 - Would rather watch paint dry... *switches TV*
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

How do you rate the current state of WWE? Empty
PostSubject: How do you rate the current state of WWE?   How do you rate the current state of WWE? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:23 am

10 being 'Heavenly Perfection', 1 being 'Would Rather Watch Paint Dry'. Take into account both Smackdown, RAW, NXT, matches quality, commentating, basically everything about WWE.

My take:
I'd say about... 7 or 8. Good, could use some improvement, but I'm happy with it. For now.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate the current state of WWE?   How do you rate the current state of WWE? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:58 am

Good poll. XD

I voted 4 - Meh. Lacking heaps. Which it is, Smackdown is in a rut, NXT doesn't interest me at all and Raw is Raw, no matter how good the main event over there might be now the rest of it is either damn awful or average at best. The tag team and women's divisions are both shithouse, lacking talent and legit stars. It's almost like the WWE doesn't care anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate the current state of WWE?   How do you rate the current state of WWE? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 am

I voted 4 as well. Quite frankly the spark in WWE has been gone for a while and I don't just blame that on things going TV-PG. You could be TV-PG for all I care that doesn't mean the stories and matches all have to be absolute crap! I personally think the WWE doesn't care anymore. Why should they? They have no competition that can really push them and the WWE can still make money for putting on a crappy show. UFC is kicking their ass in PPV but I don't think the WWE really considers them competition since they're in two different categories.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate the current state of WWE?   How do you rate the current state of WWE? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm

I am the one individual who voted 8. I shall explain why ...

Firstly, though. I wanna point out what stopped me from voting 9 or 10. As we spoke about in a previous thread, Smackdown sucks ass. Especially the Main Event. It is the one thing apart from the Tag team Division that is lacking badly at the moment. There are only like 4 Individuals in Smackdown's Main Event and this makes for a very poor product. Seriously, The people can only put up with Kane Vs Edge Vs Mysterio Vs Show [Without Taker due to Injury] only for a few months. Not the whole year like us fans have been putting up with. The Raw roster on the other hand is the best it has been in years, I will talk about that later on though.

The other reason I only gave out an 8 to the current WWE product is the Tag Team Division. It is getting better, I will say that though. It does have alot of tweaks though. Firstly, Having actual Tag Teams would help. At the moment we have two Comedic wrestlers as The Champions and we had the best Tag Team WWE had to offer split up just because they were getting repetitive. nobody in creative suggested turning them Heel? ... For those wondering, I am talking about The hart Dynasty.
WWE is famous for dropping the ball of Potentially great tag teams. Cryme Tyme, Londrick etc. Teams that had no need to split and it has proven worse for WWE then good. So WWE really need to fix their tag Team division quickly, Even if it means pulling Edge & Christian out of the Main Event just to bring some star power to the division to get another team over. Something needs to be done because at the moment it is the equivalent of the Womens Division in 93'

Now to why WWE got an 8.

First, The rising stars. WWE is in a position it has not been in since the Attitude Era. They have so many guys who could Main Eventing in the next 3 or so years. WWE has the next Rocks, Austins, Cena's, Orton's etc in their roster currently. I am talking about The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Ted Dibiase, Drew McIntyre, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Kaval, R-Truth, John Morrison.
All these guys are the future and these guys are being showcased in WWe extremely well. 95% are on WWE each week and WWE is really using them to their best.

Next would have to be the PPV's. From 07 to 09 WWE was shocking, A major reason was the PPV's. Every month it would be Orton vs Cena. I and many grew sick of it and started to watch TNA instead. Now though, Apart from SD recently the Main Event is always changing. Pay-Per-View after Pay-Per-view we see different contests and stacked cards. Sure the current PPV themes suck in the most part but the overall cards are great.

Now for the Diva's division. is it really THAT bad? Everyone states how poor it is but to me they are comparing to the Diva division of 2005-2006 which consisted of Trish Stratus, Lita, Victoria, Molly Holly, Mickie James etc. Of course they cannot top that but recently [Last year or so] they have been doing a solid job. The likes of Lay-Cool, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Natayla, Eve, Alicia Fox, Maryse etc. To me it is solid and enjoyable to watch overall.

To wrap this up, The main reason behind my love for WWE at this moment is the Independent Talent that is breaking through WWE. Punk, Bryan/Danielson, Kaval/Senshi/Low Ki, Black/Rollins, Bourne/Sydal etc. It is great to see Daniel Bryan taking on the likes of The Miz. The greatest wrestlers in the world today are getting the opportunity to showcase their talent within the biggest wrestling company in the world today.

This is why I gave WWE an 8
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate the current state of WWE?   How do you rate the current state of WWE? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 pm

I rated 8....Because of the PPV names, and SD Storyline.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you rate the current state of WWE?   How do you rate the current state of WWE? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1