Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why I personally think TNA sucks

Go down 
+3
Master of Destruction
Mr. Tambourine Man
Ayen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

Why I personally think TNA sucks Empty
PostSubject: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 pm

1.) Vince Russo; how on earth does he keep getting work? All right the guy did just fine during the Attitude Era because the WWE needed that kind of writing at the time but he had a filter. Obviously what worked for the WWE didn't work for WCW and due to lack of filter you got to see all of Vince Russo creative genius. I don't solely blame him for the demise of WCW as many people do but he certainly didn't help, anyways that's a whole other topic. Frankly IMO Vince Russo is a joke of a writer and needs to be released.

2.) Hogan & Co. No, just no. Get them out. Hogan doesn't know what he's doing and neither does Bischoff by the looks of it. Hogan is a talent, not somebody you'd want running your company. He can get people interested and cut a good promo but the man is just selfish. TNA doesn't need his kind of saving or Eric Bischoff's.

3.) Out with the old and in with the new. What makes TNA for me are guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Abyss, Motor City Machine Guns, Chris Sabin, and all the other TNA guys and Knockouts who basically aren't well known in WWE/WCW/ECW. I don't mind Sting having rare appearances, I think he's great. I don't mind Kurt Angle or even Mr. Anderson but quite honestly I don't care for RVD, I don't care for Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, Rhino or any of those old ECW guys. Kindly go away.

4.) Gimmick matches; there are too many of them! It seems like every time I turn around there is a gimmick match. And if it isn't some stupid TNA original it's taken from the bank of gimmicks that are well known in wrestling. There are a time and a place for a gimmick match and TNA does one too many of them. Heaven forbid they have their talented roster fight in normal matches more often than gimmick matches.

So basically I think they should fire Vince Russo, fire Hogan & Co, get the old guys out of the way and push new talent because the old guys aren't going to be around forever and stop relying so much on gimmick matches. Am I the only one who thinks this? Hell I'll settle for just getting rid of Hogan & Co because TNA was far better off, even with Vince Russo in creative, before they came along.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm with you on most of these, man. Although I think Bischoff without Hogan and Russo would have done wonders for TNA. It's a shame he got his second chance with such an awful working environment. Makes me think Heyman made the right move turning TNA down when they wouldn't give him total control.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:25 pm

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
I'm with you on most of these, man. Although I think Bischoff without Hogan and Russo would have done wonders for TNA. It's a shame he got his second chance with such an awful working environment. Makes me think Heyman made the right move turning TNA down when they wouldn't give him total control.

Yeah definitely. Eric Bischoff has a good track record with turning crap around and making a go of it. WCW was in horrible condition when he first took over and he accomplished a lot there and maybe if he avoided one or two mistakes which he could be wise enough not to make again, maybe TNA would be better now but sadly that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:30 pm

If you got rid of everybody who was world champion in the 1980's, TNA would be fine.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 am

TNA sucks because they act like WWE, only they aren't anywhere near as respected, so they become a joke. They tease us with The Pope, Anderson and Wolfe getting close to the title and what would seem like obvious big pushes but then they give us Jeff Hardy suddenly turning heel and forgetting all about the young guys. You can't even blame Hogan, because other than Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, they did this shit ever since the TV deal.

TNA hasn't been solid since the Main Event Mafia, and those guys CARRIED the show. Now I don't think any of them are still on the show, but I don't watch so I can't confirm this.

I'll record this tonight on my DVR and then maybe I can comment more on the current product.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:06 pm

You do know that the Main Event Mafia's pretty much the same recipe than they're using for Immortal, right? So, how the hell could the MEM be solid with Sting, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Booker T and Scott Steiner hogging the spotlight while it sucks when it's Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett, Hardy and Flair?

C'mon, man, you can do better than that!
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
You do know that the Main Event Mafia's pretty much the same recipe than they're using for Immortal, right? So, how the hell could the MEM be solid with Sting, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Booker T and Scott Steiner hogging the spotlight while it sucks when it's Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett, Hardy and Flair?

I can't speak for him, but MEM had much better wrestlers than Immortal does in my opinion. I'd personally take Angle, Booker, or Sting over the entire team of the Immortals (of course, this is in the current forms of the team).
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:27 pm

X wrote:
EdgeHead wrote:

I can't speak for him, but MEM had much better wrestlers than Immortal does in my opinion. I'd personally take Angle, Booker, or Sting over the entire team of the Immortals (of course, this is in the current forms of the team).

Basically.

Any member of MEM other than Nash was better by themself than all of this "Immortal" combined.

Scott Steiner and Kurt Angle in particular, were awesome.

---------------------

As for comments on the actual show, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I only got 5 minutes of the main event because no wrestling TV show ends on time.

The first segment was incredibly drawn out, and all about someone who wasn't even there, Anderson. Then Ken completely disregards what that whole segment had been about via satellite and says he's gonna wrestle anyway despite the whole show mostly being about how he shouldn't wrestle with his concussion.

Then the Knockouts Tag Title Match was weird as a team that wasn't even in the tournament wins the tag titles.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Why I personally hate TNA...these are the top three things that stand out to me.

Hogan completely disregarding kayfabe and making the (wrestling) business look totally fake as well as devaluing TNA's titles and wrestlers. Oh and the fact that TNA's wrestling looks (at times) faker than the WWE's wrestling, horrible, horrible idea and gimmick.

Vince Russo's booking...seriously why would the Guns challenge the Bucks to an Empty Arena Match? Also shows being inconsistent and making no sense (at times).

and finally...

Samoa Joe's burial. Guy used to be a World Champion and a dominate force...so what he isn't pure muscle, dude can work and looks like he's killing people in the ring. Why is Jarret beating him time and time again?!

Edit: 500th post is an anti-TNA post. Hooray!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I personally think TNA sucks   Why I personally think TNA sucks Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I personally think TNA sucks
Page 1 of 1