Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed Empty
PostSubject: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Quote :
WWE.com announced the nominees for 2010 Superstar of the Year for Monday's Slammy Awards. The winner will be determined by fan voting. The nominees are John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Edge, Kane and Rey Mysterio.

I would love it to be Kane, I would hate to see it be Mysterio. Orton will probably win and I will be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:10 am

Im want eigher Orton or Kane....But then again edge or cena may too....As for mysterio no way in chance!
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 am

Since it is a fan vote deal, a face will win. That means that it will probably be Cena or Orton. Cena got this same award last year, so this should be Orton's year.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Orton will win!....What are the other awards?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Quote :
Today, WWE has released an initial list of categories and nominees for this year's Slammy Awards which will take place on Monday's three-hour RAW show.

Not included in the list below is the Match of the Year and Announcer of the Year.

Superstar of the Year

- RAW: WWE champion The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton.
- SmackDown brand: World Hvt. champion Kane, Edge, Rey Mysterio.

Diva of the Year

- Winner determined in battle royal on Raw.

Shocker of the Year

- The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank, becomes WWE champion.
- John Cena loses and is forced to join Nexus.
- Nexus takes out McMahon.
- Paul Bearer turns on The Undertaker.

Knucklehead Moment of the Year

- Big Show unmasks a bald C.M. Punk.
- Santino Marella gets out-danced by Vladimir Kozlov
- Beth Phoenix eliminates Great Khali from the Royal Rumble.
- Lay-Cool beaten by Mae Young

Despicable Me Award

- C.M. Punk sings "Happy Birthday" to Rey Mysterio's daughter.
- Sheamus attacks Triple H with lead pipe while The Game talks about Shawn Michaels.
- Nexus attacks Ricky Steamboat and WWE Legends.
- Kane buries The Undertaker alive.

Holy %&^*%&* Move of the Year

- Kofi Kingston hits Drew McIntyre with leg drop off ladder through announce table.
- John Cena sends Batista onto a car and through the stage with two Attitude Adjustments.
- Randy Orton delivers RKO to a flying Evan Bourne.
- John Morrison dives off set onto Daniel Bryan and The Miz.

Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year

- Mike Tyson punches out Chris Jericho.
- Pee Wee Herman vs. The Miz.
- Florence Henderson kisses Great Khali.
- William Shatner sings WWE ring entrances.

"Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year

- Big Show destroys Jack Swagger’s trophies.
- Edge destroys the Raw GM’s computer.
- Alberto Del Rio injures Rey Mysterio’s arm with steel chair.
- Batista quits WWE.

WWE Moment of the Year

- Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands.
- Nexus debuts and attacks John Cena.
- The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels in Michaels’s final match.
- Kane wins Money in Bank, cashes in on same night.
Back to top Go down
Atryx
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Mysterio shouldn't win just because he's taken a lot of "time off" this year and hasn't done anything serious besides his joke of a World Heavyweight title stint/feud with Kane and Swagger.

Since it's a fan vote, Cena has a great chance of winning, but isn't he supposed to be fired still? WWE just keeps dropping the ball with this storyline.

If WWE is smart, they'll have Cena win, but since he's fired he can't accept the award. That leaves Orton, Edge, Miz, and Kane.

Kane has gotten huge pops this year as both a babyface and a heel and his feud with Undertaker was unexpectedly good.

Orton's transition from heel to tweener was, admittedly, well done by WWE. Many thought Orton would soon become the face of WWE, but that was thrown out the window when it became apparent that his title reign's main purpose was to put over the John Cena/Nexus feud.

Edge has, in my opinion, had a mediocre year for his standards. They tried to turn him face earlier this year. Didn't work. Had him feud with Jericho but their last match nowhere near lived up to the hype. His involvement with the Nexus storyline made him predictable. Now he's involved in this dumb feud with Kane that I just want to end. Maybe next year.

The Miz.... I marked out when he won the title, and I'll be the first to admit it. I've been a huge supporter of the Miz for about a year now and when he won MITB I was scared that WWE was going to turn him into a joke as the first MITB winner to not become champ. I still think they pulled the trigger kind of early with him, but on that night they were in TNA's backyard and had to show them how to put on a show. That was one of the best RAWs in recent memory.

Anyway, Miz has had a breakout year. He's mentored two rookies on NXT both of whom were said to be destined to do great things in the WWE. He won MITB. He had an amazing matchwith Bryan Danielson and JoMo in that Submissions Count anywhere match (which I thought was a dumb concept, but these three made me think twice. I don't think that match can be replicated though.) He's the WWE champion, and he's over with the crowd as one of the top heels in WWE. Do I think he'll win? No. Has he been the top superstar this year? Definitly.

With all that said, I think either Kane or Orton will win the award.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:47 pm

The mistake with Edge wasn't that he turned face, then turned heel a few months later, then turned face again. The mistake was moving Edge from SD. SD needed Edge and he should have stayed there. I don't see Edge winning a fan vote for Superstar of the Year.

I expected Kane vs. Taker to be awesome and it was awesome. I think Kane has been amazing since the whole Taker in a coma thing started. I voted for Kane, but I was also happy to see Miz get his chance. I thought Morrison would be the first one to get a WWE title shot, but I was wrong. Miz went to the next level and I think he has been great. That said, I don't know that he has had the best year.

Cena has a great chance of winning because he is the biggest fan favorite on the roster. I was at Raw last Monday and the place went nuts everytime Cena was on the tron or in the areana. I don't really want him to win, but I wouldn't be upset if he did.

I think Orton has been great with this face run. There was the slow build up to it and Orton did not get the belt right away. My first pick for this award would be Kane, but a face will win it and I hope it is Orton.

I hope Kane wins the Despicable Me Award because I think there will be a great promo there and it will be a way for them to keep people's minds on Taker, even though he is out for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm thinking either Cena or Orton. Unless the poll results are rigged then I can see The Miz winning for sure and bragging about it for the next several months. Can't really say who deserves it in my mind though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:08 am

Notice how there is no match of the year? lol
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah, How come there is no match of the year?, Probally because Undertaker is Buried alive!...as he would of won with Michaels
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

They had Moment of the Year instead and Shawn won it. That was perfectly OK with me.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 am

I really wanted Michaels to be at RAW...but i suppose the speech was good too
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:23 pm

DX makes an apperance on the Troops show.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Saturday?....kool, the one hour show should be just as good as the two hour show on wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I figure the one hour show will be more about the troops and will have a few matches. The USA broadcast will probably be the whole show.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 pm

What times are they on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed   WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Superstar of The Year Nomminee's revealed
Page 1 of 1