Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More Empty
PostSubject: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Posted by: WrestlingNewsSource.com

Transcript Credit: Billy Krotchsen and PWInsider.com

On the latest episode of "Highway 2 Helms", former WWE star "Hurrican" Shane Helms' weekly web show, co-host Marty Gardner asked Helms who his least favorite wrestler of all-time is. His answer? Shawn Michaels. Helms stated that Michaels was one of his idols growing up, but "he really let me down as a person". Helms then went on to really tear into Michaels, saying he believes Michaels is "the biggest hypocrite in the business" and that "his whole religious gimmick is a f***ing work".

Helms said that he doesn't discount Michaels ring work and says that his matches with The Undertaker are some of the greatest matches of all-time, but as a person Michaels is a "cock-eyed cross-eyed piece of sh**.

Helms then told a story about being so angry at Michaels at a show last year that he wanted to hit him, not caring if he got fired by WWE over it. Michaels was having an argument with Chris Jericho at catering and was verbally attacking Jericho, which Helms did not agree with. Helms did not explain what the issue between Michaels and Jericho was about.

Helms went on to say Michaels is "one of the biggest drug users in the history of the business...who has snorted more coke and done more steroids" than anybody else in wrestling.

Probably the only one who is leaning towards Helms side of this story to be honest.
Back to top Go down
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm

oh helms, you're my shawn michaels.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 pm

I'd like to see Chris Jericho corroborate that story but Jericho has too much class to even start a war of words with HBK now.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm

HBK admits that he use to use all kinds of drugs and I don't buy that stuff about his relgion being a work. I know for a fact that he travels the country, doing guest sermons, at churches. I know so because he was at a church, just a few hours from my house, a couple of years ago. I don't buy any of this. I think this is more sour grapes from a former WWE talent, that is all.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
HBK admits that he use to use all kinds of drugs and I don't buy that stuff about his relgion being a work.

I don't have the right to assume if he is religious or not. But if he was a Christian he would not of participated in the McMahon's Vs HBK & God angle in 2006. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Shawn should jus forget bout what helms has to stay....as we no hes a great wrestler
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm inclined to agree with Sykesy on this, that being said I wouldn't count Helms as a credible source and I would want to hear this story corroborated by Jericho or someone else. Unfortunately the only people who would say something like this would be former WWE talent so detractors would simply say "sour grapes" again.

That being said I really like helms, I liked his hurricane gimmick, I liked his Gregory Helms Heel run, (which got the JBL seal of approval) and I liked his feud with Burchill before he got fired. This being said This does seem pretty harsh, it disappoints me since I'm such a huge fan of the guy but his off-camera personality seems so embittered.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I am far from righteous, but I don't think that angle was a big deal. I think that religon is bigger then something that happens on a TV show, and that God should have a hell of a lot more problems. I don't care if Shawn is religious or not, he is still one of the very best WWE Superstars of all time he is sober. Being sober is a lot more important then being relgious. Doing drugs like he did would have killed him, period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More   Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More Empty

Back to top Go down

Former WWE Superstar Blasts Shawn Michaels on Religion, Drugs & More
Page 1 of 1