Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More Empty
PostSubject: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:39 pm

- Former WWE star Vladimir Kozlov will be wrestling on the IGF show in Japan on September 3rd. He will be going under the name Alexander Kozlov. Former WWE stars David Hart Smith and Bobby Lashley will also be in action.

- Chris Jericho wrote the following on Monday night's RAW about CM Punk: "Another Raw, another stolen move. I expect that from a rookie or a diva, but et tu Punk? BACK OFF...."

- There was no Sin Cara merchandise for sale at Monday night's RAW in Tulsa.

- The WWE RAW brand is headed to Puerto Rico for a quick tour this week.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 pm

I've read this was about the double underhook backbreaker, but Punks been doing that move for as long as I can remember. I'm just hoping this is planting the seeds for an eventual Jericho/Punk feud for whenever the hell Jericho returns.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Yeah, I've seen Punk do that 2 or 3 times in the past but I get the feeling because he thinks he is so amazing now he is trying to copy other loud mouth wrestlers as if he thinks he were them, e.g: Shawn Michaels and Jericho. Stealing Jericho's move and on episodes of RAW telling Cena and Kevin Nash that he would "Kick their teeth down their throat." A few weeks ago he said it like 3 times in one night. Shawn Michaels used to say that a lot in his older promos but CM Punk went a bit overboard coninuously saying it throughout the night...
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:39 am

Legend wrote:
Yeah, I've seen Punk do that 2 or 3 times in the past but I get the feeling because he thinks he is so amazing now he is trying to copy other loud mouth wrestlers as if he thinks he were them, e.g: Shawn Michaels and Jericho. Stealing Jericho's move and on episodes of RAW telling Cena and Kevin Nash that he would "Kick their teeth down their throat." A few weeks ago he said it like 3 times in one night. Shawn Michaels used to say that a lot in his older promos but CM Punk went a bit overboard coninuously saying it throughout the night...

Okay, for one, I wouldn't say the double underhook backbreaker is Jericho's move. Two, Punk's apparently been doing that move since the indies. He even had a name for it, I believe. I've only seen two pre-WWE Punk matches (vs. Eddie and one against Daniel Bryan), not saying he owns the move either, but he definitely didn't just take it from Jericho.

So you think Punk is trying to copy Shawn by saying that? Well, what about Cena? Cena said this Raw that he'll "kick his [Del Rio's] teeth so down his throat, that his mouth becomes his anus", is he just trying to copy Shawn? He added a little variation, but it's basically the same thing. No he wasn't, neither was Punk, it's just a good line to get a reaction and let the wrestlers intention known. Shawn may have been the one to start it (don't know if he is or not), and he may of used it more, but I don't consider people saying that just trying to copy Shawn. Just like I don't consider wrestlers who use DDT's as wrestlers who are trying to copy Jake Roberts. Now, that line isn't as commonplace as a DDT, but it's the first move I could think off, you get the point, though.

Paragraph Side Note: Why did Cena say kick? He only has the drop kick which he does once per match, none of his other moves involve kicking the face. He should of said "knock" or "punch", and yes I've heard both of those instead of kick before. Which is part of my case too.

CM Punk isn't trying to copy anyone, he isn't copying anyone, he's [basically] just being himself, CM Punk. I get that you don't like CM Punk, which is fine, but he's not copying anybody.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:01 am

X wrote:
Legend wrote:

Okay, for one, I wouldn't say the double underhook backbreaker is Jericho's move. Two, Punk's apparently been doing that move since the indies. He even had a name for it, I believe. I've only seen two pre-WWE Punk matches (vs. Eddie and one against Daniel Bryan), not saying he owns the move either, but he definitely didn't just take it from Jericho.

So you think Punk is trying to copy Shawn by saying that? Well, what about Cena? Cena said this Raw that he'll "kick his [Del Rio's] teeth so down his throat, that his mouth becomes his anus", is he just trying to copy Shawn? He added a little variation, but it's basically the same thing. No he wasn't, neither was Punk, it's just a good line to get a reaction and let the wrestlers intention known. Shawn may have been the one to start it (don't know if he is or not), and he may of used it more, but I don't consider people saying that just trying to copy Shawn. Just like I don't consider wrestlers who use DDT's as wrestlers who are trying to copy Jake Roberts. Now, that line isn't as commonplace as a DDT, but it's the first move I could think off, you get the point, though.

Paragraph Side Note: Why did Cena say kick? He only has the drop kick which he does once per match, none of his other moves involve kicking the face. He should of said "knock" or "punch", and yes I've heard both of those instead of kick before. Which is part of my case too.

CM Punk isn't trying to copy anyone, he isn't copying anyone, he's [basically] just being himself, CM Punk. I get that you don't like CM Punk, which is fine, but he's not copying anybody.

A few fair points I guess, the whole Cena thing doesn't really count. CM Punk still had an addiction to that line during that time, at first I though he was being comical but I don't know if he was just ad libing and didn't know what to say or if he had just watched an old WWE DVD with Shawn saying that prior to RAW's taping. Chris Jericho clearly has a problem and says he is stealing his moves so, whatever... He is copying certain aspects I mean it's not as if he is being himself, he is an actor and he can act like he is apprehensive towards the WWE and that he is trying to bring back an old era but when it comes down to it, he never left WWE, he can speak his mind within reason and he collects his pay check from WWE each week..

Also: I don't mind CM Punk, I am neutral towards him I have no real beef with him or his character. Sure a few things I dislike but give me any other character and I'll find something.

Last edited by Legend on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What! What!)
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:28 am

Edit: I'm editing in front because I was working on this but then had to go to the store. I keeped it open to what I was writing, so I didn't see the edit. I'm not bothering to edit anything below, don't think it comes up often though.

Every paragraph is related to one of the bolded lines. They go in order.

Legend wrote:
A few fair points I guess, the whole Cena thing doesn't really count. CM Punk still had an addiction to that line during that time, at first I though he was being comical but I don't know if he was just ad libing and didn't know what to say or if he had just watched an old WWE DVD with Shawn saying that prior to RAW's taping. Chris Jericho clearly has a problem and says he is stealing his moves so, whatever... He is copying certain aspects I mean it's not as if he is being himself, he is an actor and he can act like he is apprehensive towards the WWE and that he is trying to bring back an old era but when it comes down to it, he never left WWE, he can speak his mind within reason and he collects his pay check from WWE each week..

The whole Cena thing does count though. My whole point was that Punk (and Shawn, for that matter) isn't the only one who says that. I was listing a recent example to help with the analogy I made with the DDT. Many people have used that line, even if Shawn is the first to, I don't consider anyone else using it copying him anymore. Maybe it doesn't count because it's a variant of it? Well, there are a shitload of variants on DDT, but it all started from the original, so it does. I've heard people also substitute kick for "knock" or "punch". Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the latter two were more commonly used (not necessarily by wrestlers), and Shawn just switched knock/punch for kick because it fitted the Superkick. It counts for my point.

I don't honestly recall him using it as much as you say. Honestly, three times in one night isn't really a lot anyways. Guess it didn't connect to me because I was just enjoying his promo.

Doubt that Jericho actually has a problem. I mean, awhile back he and Punk were doing some stolen bike bit on Twitter. I really do feel this is building to something (could be getting optimistic), or just some kind of friendly jab. My opening post in this thread would've been different if I thought Jericho really had a problem with it.

Like what? And, as I previously stated, he [basically] is. I've listened and watched Punk interviews in the past month or so, and he basically states that he is. He even disses playing characters. He said , "I want everybody to be different and I want everybody to be themselves. I don't want anybody to try and play a character, you know fans see through that. It comes off phony and fake". I don't agree completely, but I see his point. This came up because of Zack Ryder, and who Punk is a supporter off. But yeah, for the most part Punk is just being himself. Trust me on that one.

Seeing as this is probably referring to the Attitude era, Punk's not trying to bring it back. He's said that in that podcast on ESPN (I believe). I think he said if he had to call it anything, it would be the reality era. He's not trying to revert back to the attitude era, a new era.

So, what are you against Punk because he never left? That seems odd. It just sounds like that to me, correct me if I'm wrong. Those things are true, he never left WWE, he does speak his mind within reason, and they do pay him for it. I don't see any problem here, and based off what proceeded the bolded line, I'm assuming you do.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:21 am

^Well X, I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree. You made some valid points but I still believe what my opinion states as I'm sure you do.
As for being against Punk in a sence, it's not because he didn't leave, I guess it was because he was talking about it so much. Telling everyone how bad WWE was and how he would leave etc etc. In the end he didn't really follow through with his threats, I guess that is the only thing that gets me about him.

Anyway, good points made man.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 am

Legend wrote:
^Well X, I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree. You made some valid points but I still believe what my opinion states as I'm sure you do.
As for being against Punk in a sence, it's not because he didn't leave, I guess it was because he was talking about it so much. Telling everyone how bad WWE was and how he would leave etc etc. In the end he didn't really follow through with his threats, I guess that is the only thing that gets me about him.

Anyway, good points made man.

In Punk's defense, when the interviewer (podcast one) asked him when he decided to resign, he said the night of Money In The Bank. So every promo leading up to it he had all intentions of leaving. Considering what WWE had planned for him, can you blame him resigning? If I was him, I'd probably just resign just so I could do that amazing moment at the end of MITB.

I'll guess I'll comment on the other news now, I thought Bobby Lashley stopped wrestling and was doing MMA? Guess he sucked and went back, I'd love to see him back in WWE, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More   Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More Empty

Back to top Go down

Kozlov Update, Jericho Takes a Shot at CM Punk, More
Page 1 of 1