Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ziggler Discusses Injuries, Steroids, Gimmicks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Ziggler Discusses Injuries, Steroids, Gimmicks Empty
PostSubject: Ziggler Discusses Injuries, Steroids, Gimmicks   Ziggler Discusses Injuries, Steroids, Gimmicks EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:36 pm

- WWE United States Champion Dolph Ziggler recently spoke with Metro.co.uk. Here are some highlights:

Why have you found success with this persona?

A lot of it was about learning. When I started, I just wanted to get as much ring time as possible. You don’t get the full grasp of it until you have a few years under your belt, know how to listen to the crowd and look like you’re having fun – then the crowd has fun too.

What’s been your most embarrassing gimmick?

I was in the Spirit Squad, which was a group of guys with a cheerleading theme. I told myself no matter what the persona is, get your foot in the door and run with it.

There’s the perception that wrestlers are all hooked on steroids – is that a source of irritation?

It is because we’ve gone from the big burly guys who eat hotdogs and live a rough lifestyle to wrestlers who are all health nuts and work out every day. We’re constantly tested and there are measures to make sure we’re all safe and healthy. I hope that perception changes because we’re highly tuned athletes.

What’s been your worst injury?

I’ve been very lucky. I’ve had two concussions in six years and broke my nose a couple of times but a lot of people have constant injuries. Edge is amazing, he was a very positive influence on me and helped me out backstage but he had to retire recently because of back injuries.
Back to top Go down

Ziggler Discusses Injuries, Steroids, Gimmicks
Page 1 of 1