Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CAW Song of the Day Thread

Go down 
+4
Storme
SEZ
Inah
Sykesy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Song 32 - 03/01/2011
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem

Sorry about the Edit guys. Also, I need suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Upper-Carder

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Keane.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Oh hell yeah, Will put up a video tomorrow which will not be "Somewhere Only We Know"
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Kid Cudi?
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Sure, I will put a Kid Cudi track on the 5th.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:35 am

Song 33 - 04/01/2011
Everybody's Changing - Keane

Kid Cudi will be tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Song 34 - 05/01/2011
Erase Me [Feat. Kanye West] - Kid Cudi

Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Sykesy wrote:

Song 14 - 17/12/2010
Always Love - Nada Surf

Need suggestions guys!

Nada Surf are freaking awesome, and "Always Love" is easily my favorite song from them. Anyways, I have quite a few suggestions...

I. .38 Special (personal suggestion "So Caught Up In You")
II. The Fray (personal suggestion "How To Save A Life")
III. The Shins (personal suggestion "New Slang" [actually the only song I know that I like by them])
IV. Enrique Iglesias (personal suggestions "Escape", Somebody's Me", or "I Like It")
V. Escape The Fate (personal suggestion "Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche")
VI. Gary Go (personal suggestion "Wonderful")
VII. Evans Blue (personal suggestions "Beg" or "Bulletproof")
VIII. Five For Fighting (personal suggestion "100 Years")
IX. Howie Day (personal suggestion "Collide")
X. Jimmy Eat World (personal suggestion "Sweetness")
XI. Kutless (personal suggestion "Sea Of Faces")
XII.Michael Tolcher (personal suggestion "Sooner Or Later")
XIII. Poison (personal suggestions "So Tell Me Why" or "Talk Dirty To Me")
XIV. Ryan Star (personal suggestions "Right Now" or "Last Train Home" but not "Breathe")
XV. Toad The Wet Sprocket (personal suggestion "Something's Always Wrong")
XVI. The Goo Goo Dolls (personal suggestion "Name")
XVII. Tupac (personal suggestion "Changes")
XVIII.Unwritten Law (personal suggestion "Seeing Red")

Yeah, it's a lot. I just want to get a few out of the way. I tried to make it somewhat diverse, and I tried not to repeat any artists. Obviously, if someone suggests an artist I expect you to do that suggestion first, but hopefully this will make things easier on you. Also, I'm not sure if every song I put has a video, since I listen to music on grooveshark.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I will eventually get to all of them [Probably over the next 4 weeks or so once I mix other peoples suggestions and my own into them]. Thanks heaps X, This is what I like to see for this thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Song 35 - 06/01/2011
How To Save A Life - The Fray

Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Song 36 - 07/01/2011
Sea Of Faces - Kutless

Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Song 37 - 08/01/2011
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Lady Gaga

Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Song 38 - 09/01/2011
Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World

Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Song 39 - 10/01/2011
Faint - Linkin Park

Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Sykesy wrote:

Song 37 - 08/01/2011
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Lady Gaga

Terrible. Just terrible. Absolutely hated it.

Sykesy wrote:

Song 39 - 10/01/2011
Faint - Linkin Park

"Faint's" always been an average song by them for me. I don't tend to listen to it, so it was nice hearing it after like a year of not listening to them. Haven't listened to Linkin Park in awhile, going to start listening to them now.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Don't bag out Gaga O.O

But in all seriousness, It is just an opinion. We are all entitled to them.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Another suggestion, Shakira ~ Don't Bother. I don't know if their is even a music video to that song but I'd figure I'd suggest that. If there isn't, "Did It Again", "Waka Waka", "She Wolf" or "Whenever, Wherever" are good. "Hips Don't Lie" to a lesser extent, as I still like it but it's got a bit annoying now and I'm taking a break for it. There are music videos for all those other songs though.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge
Heat Wrestler
Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Prince. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 am

Dissing Lady Gaga and then suggesting several Shakira songs in the next post? Lulz.

Anyway, some random great songs I've had on shuffle very recently...

Epic ~ Faith No More
When I Come Around ~ Green Day
Self Esteem ~ The Offspring
Break Ya Neck ~ Busta Rhymes
Can't Knock the Hustle ~ Jay-Z
Slow Jamz ~ Kanye West featuring Twista & Jamie Foxx

I suggest you post them, Sykes.

Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 am

Storme wrote:
Dissing Lady Gaga and then suggesting several Shakira songs in the next post? Lulz.

I saw something like this coming. Anyway, Shakira and Lady Gaga's music sounds really different from each-other. I don't really see the reason why disliking one would exclude me from liking the other due to that.

With that said, I was only bashing the one Gaga song in that post, and none of the songs I just suggested sound anything like that. As much as I think Gaga is overrated and how much I don't care for most of her music, I actually like some of her songs. I like "Bad Romance" and "Telephone", for example.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm

X wrote:
Storme wrote:

I saw something like this coming. Anyway, Shakira and Lady Gaga's music sounds really different from each-other. I don't really see the reason why disliking one would exclude me from liking the other due to that.

It all still comes under the genre of mainstream pop music. Usually those who dislike Lady Gaga aren't fans of the pop genre as a whole and usually those who do like pop music are fans of Lady Gaga. Not all but most. Plus, both aren't too focussed on lyrics, more so relying on catchy hooks to appeal to fans. They aren't that different.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Storme wrote:
X wrote:
Storme wrote:

It all still comes under the genre of mainstream pop music. Usually those who dislike Lady Gaga aren't fans of the pop genre as a whole and usually those who do like pop music are fans of Lady Gaga. Not all but most. Plus, both aren't too focussed on lyrics, more so relying on catchy hooks to appeal to fans. They aren't that different.

It's not really fair to just label Shakira as pop. I'm checking up all the singles on wiki for each to see the genres of each song, and I've found something I already know. When it came to Gaga, with the exception of "Speechless" (well, pop-rock but meh. Secondary note: Speechless is fucking awesome) everything is classified as a variant of pop (electro-, synth-, euro-, dance-). Shakira adds more variety, just off the songs I choose...

Don't Bother - Pop rock, New Wave.

Did It Again - Dance-pop, Samba.

Waka Waka - Tribal house, world, afro-fusion, synthpop.

She Wolf - Nu-disco, dance pop, house.

Whenever Wherever - Worldbeat, Andean music, Latin pop, pop rock.

Other songs mix stuff like folk (eg. Gypsy), R&B (eg. Give It Up To Me), hip hop (eg. Hips Don't Lie), and soft rock (eg. Underneath Your Clothes). Some of her songs, are other genres besides pop, like "How Do You Do" (rock), "Animal City" (rock), "Ilegal" (soft rock), "Objection (Tango)" (tango-rock), and "Eyes Like Yours" (Middle Eastern music, World music). So, although pop is present in the majority of her songs, she tends to have other genres of musics mixed in their, whereas Gaga relies on the types I've mentioned (with the obvious exception). That's a very important difference for me, even if the alterations might be different.

Also their vocals are easily different. Which matters to me. The general instruments they use in their songs tend to be different (Gaga: synthesizer, piano, keytar. Shakira: guitar, harmonica, drums, percussion). Yeah, info is from wiki, but that sites much more reliable than normally given credit for, and I'm sure you will be able to verify that Gaga uses those in her songs, as I with Shakira.

As for the lyrics/catchiness thing, I'm pretty sure you can say that (in general) about anyone who does pop music, so those two shouldn't be linked together too greatly due to that. So yeah, I would say they are that different.

Got a bit carried away. I miss the debate league...
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 pm

X, Everything you listed for Shakira is a Secondary genre and goes under the "pop" genre. Just because something has "Sumba" or "Afro-Fusion" as a Secondary Genre does not mean the music is not pop.

Also Alex is right, Pop is pop and most people who like Pop like an overwhelming majority of Pop artists [I am not one]. If you hate Pop music in general, you usually find the majority of Pop artists shit.

Alex was laughing at the Irony of your post, that is all. No need for technicalities.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:40 am

Sykesy wrote:
X, Everything you listed for Shakira is a Secondary genre and goes under the "pop" genre. Just because something has "Sumba" or "Afro-Fusion" as a Secondary Genre does not mean the music is not pop.

I never really said it wasn't pop (barring the first sentence, which I realize is wrong), I'm saying she mixes other variants in to her music which adds variety to her sound. It's still pop, but the resulting sound is different from Gaga's.

Quote :
Also Alex is right, Pop is pop and most people who like Pop like an overwhelming majority of Pop artists [I am not one]. If you hate Pop music in general, you usually find the majority of Pop artists shit.

Never stated that was wrong. I've said this before, but I don't care about genres, hardly ever pay attention to them. Besides, I've already clarified I was already bashing that song by Gaga, and that I do like some of her music. Not like any of the Shakira songs I suggested sound like that song.

Quote :
Alex was laughing at the Irony of your post, that is all. No need for technicalities.

Yeah, and I expected someone to. Figured after the clarification I made in the response I gave to your second paragraph response would've cleared any irony people would of seen.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:09 am

Song 40 - 11/01/2011
Don't Bother - Shakira

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAW Song of the Day Thread   CAW Song of the Day Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CAW Song of the Day Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next