Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?

Go down 
+2
Ayen
EdgeHead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? Empty
PostSubject: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Before their WrestleMania 27 match even happened this past Sunday, sources report that WWE officials were discussing a Triple H vs. The Undertaker rematch for WrestleMania 28 in 2012 from Miami, Florida.

Based on what went down on RAW Monday night and Triple H saying he would be waiting when Taker returned, it looks like they are indeed planning a big rematch.

- Regarding what happened on RAW Monday night and their big match at WrestleMania 27, The Rock and John Cena wrote the following on Twitter:

Cena: "CeNation. I truly can not believe what happened tonight. Only in the WWE. WM 28. HERE WE COME!"

Rock: "TEAM BRING IT - Wrestlemania 28 Miami, FL. - The People's Champ...The People's City...The People's Wrestlemania. IT'S OUR TIME.."
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:58 pm

I can't help but fear that the WWE are counting all their eggs before they hatch. I really hope nothing happens to either Cena or Rock before that time =/
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Even if something happens, they could always build another program before WrestleMania. They do have an entire year afterall.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 am

Hey guys remember when Mr Kennedy was going to cash in his Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania? WWE don't.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 am

I thought Mr. Kennedy got his Money In the Bank Priveliges taken by Edge.... But maybe I missed something... WWE don't remember much either though...
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:23 am

Yeah he got injured and WWE hit the panic button so they gave the MITB to Edge, but Kennedy had a much quicker recovery than they anticipated so in the end it was pointless.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 pm

SEZ wrote:
Hey guys remember when Mr Kennedy was going to cash in his Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania? WWE don't.

WWE has a selective memory.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Technically I would not count that because the match was never booked for Mania. If it was Kennedy would have never been able to put the briefcase up against Edge in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:04 pm

^This is true. No official match was booked, it was just mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:51 pm

No to Triple H vs. Taker again. That's an awful idea. I'll elaborate if I need to, but that idea is horrible. Taker should face Jericho when at Mania next year, if Jericho is back by then, and I'm positive he will be.

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
Even if something happens, they could always build another program before WrestleMania. They do have an entire year afterall.

Still, they really can't book anything bigger than Cena vs. Rock.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Taker vs Rock. Think about it... As a backup plan.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Legend wrote:

I personally, wouldn't be interested in this. Rock vs. Taker has already happened before, and with the exception of one time, The Rock lost all those matches (which takes away some of the believability of him winning). But most importantly, that destroys the best thing about The Rock vs. Cena... it's two different era's of wrestling clashing. If Cena goes down, I'd like to see someone who hasn't faced The Rock, and [preferably] someone not around when The Rock was. Someone like CM Punk, but even that it a poor replacement for Cena vs. Rock. For me, barring Shawn Michaels (Which won't happen) - nobody they replace Cena with would even compare to Cena vs. The Rock.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 pm

X wrote:
Legend wrote:

(which takes away some of the believability of him winning).

No one will ever beat Taker which pisses me off. WWE will never end the streak thing they got going on. CM Punk vs The Rock would probably be the worst big match on a wrestlemania card I could think of in my opinion. Thats just me. They could put Orton in there if worst comes to worst. I agree that Cena/Rock is the best combonation, just thinking of alternatives if god forbid Cena gets injured.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Legend wrote:
X wrote:
Legend wrote:

(which takes away some of the believability of him winning).

No one will ever beat Taker which pisses me off. WWE will never end the streak thing they got going on. CM Punk vs The Rock would probably be the worst big match on a wrestlemania card I could think of in my opinion. Thats just me. They could put Orton in there if worst comes to worst. I agree that Cena/Rock is the best combonation, just thinking of alternatives if god forbid Cena gets injured.

Orton has faced Rock before though, to me, his return has to be against someone we never seen him against. I chose Punk because Punk is great on the mic, great in the ring, and besides Miz, the only heel [wrestler] that is even close to Cena status. I can't imagine Miz and The Rock actually having a good Mania match, just don't think those two could do it with each-other honestly. That said, if Cena does get injured, I have a feeling Miz will be the replacement. I have much different hopes for Punk at next Mania, one where he goes in WWE Champion (and drops to Morrison), and one where he faces Stone Cold Steve Austin.

*Edit*

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
Technically I would not count that because the match was never booked for Mania. If it was Kennedy would have never been able to put the briefcase up against Edge in the first place.

To be fair, the only reason a match wasn't official booked was because Kennedy only announced he was cashing in at Wrestlemania, not which Champion. They did, for awhile, promote this as official. I recall them having this logo on the bottom of screen when Kennedy came out, that counted down the days til Mania XXIV, with something along the lines of "Days until Kennedy cashes in"... I can't remember exactly, don't even think I'm close, but you get the point. And he still would've been able to put the briefcase up against Edge because it was Kennedy who accepted the match (granted Edge pushed him to it [claiming: "When I had it, I defended it"]), and at this point, I'm positive Raw didn't have a GM (Just Vince - who had his own problems), so he could've.

Even if a match was officially booked their, it still doesn't change the Rock/Cena first time a match been booked a year in advance, as Kennedy didn't announce that until a month later, sometime after Backlash (right after maybe). I recall him teasing Edge that he was going to cash it in at Backlash during a backstage promo at Backlash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?   Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock & Cena Comment on WM 28, Taker vs. HHH Rematch?
Page 1 of 1