Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses Empty
PostSubject: RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses   RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As noted before, the February 7th WWE RAW did a 3.30 rating with 4.93 million viewers.

In a segment-by-segment breakdown, Vince McMahon's announcement and the angle with Randy Orton & Nexus opened with a 3.55 rating. R-Truth vs. Mason Ryan lost 618,000 viewers while Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Tamina vs. Melina & The Bella Twins gained 280,000 viewers. Michael McGillicutty vs. John Morrison lost 349,000 viewers while the angle with The Miz and Jerry Lawler with the beginning of the Lawler & Daniel Bryan vs. Miz & Ted DiBiase match gained 723,000 viewers for the 10pm time.

However, the ending of the tag match and the angle with Sheamus and Mark Henry lost 383,000 viewers. In another big loss, the Santino Marella vs. Alberto Del Rio match lost 305,000 viewers and was the lowest rated segment of the show.

The main event of CM Punk vs. John Cena and the brawl at the end gained 504,000 viewers, a little less than the usual overrun, ending RAW with a 3.45 rating for the overrun.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses   RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 pm

A bit surprised to see the Diva's match gained quite viewers. Nothing else really surprises me. Definitely not shocked that Sheamus/Henry and Del Rio/Santino would bring big losses of viewers.

Last edited by X on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "D" in Definitely needs to be capatilized)
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses   RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Hmm...I don't know if it's because Santino was in the match but if not, I would be worried if I was WWE about Alberto Del Rio's push. It's only 1 week but if this is a constant theme building towards Wrestlemania, they might reconsider pushing Del Rio.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses   RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:21 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
Hmm...I don't know if it's because Santino was in the match but if not, I would be worried if I was WWE about Alberto Del Rio's push. It's only 1 week but if this is a constant theme building towards Wrestlemania, they might reconsider pushing Del Rio.

As much as it pains me to say this, even if it wasn't because of Santino (and I'm almost positive that it was), it probably wouldn't be that big of a problem for Del Rio if it did continue, on Raw at least. Del Rio's push mainly stemmed because of him not being an awful wrestler, being Hispanic and Mysterio getting closer to leaving. As we know, Smackdown does great in the Hispanic demographic, due to Mysterio (and soon, probably Del Rio). As great as Rey was in drawing them to watch Smackdown, when they drafted him to Raw, barely any improvement was made. So, considering that he is being pushed to keep Smackdown's Hispanic demographic the same when Rey leaves, his push won't be reconsidered unless he begins to fail in that department.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses   RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses Empty

Back to top Go down

RAW Breakdown: Del Rio/Santino & Sheamus-Henry Loses
Page 1 of 1