Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2.21.11 Promo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

2.21.11 Promo Empty
PostSubject: 2.21.11 Promo   2.21.11 Promo EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:03 pm

WWE recently played this promo on Raw, thoughts on it? Personally, I actually believe it's Sting. It's either him or Undertaker, but I'm putting my money on Sting. Even though I really hope he doesn't end up wrestling, I'd love to see him debut. Like, maybe on this date, they are going to announce then next Hall Of Famer, and the promo interrupts it, and Sting comes out. Wouldn't be thrilled about that though, as I'd prefer Sting not being overshadowed by Shawn (who I do prefer) during his induction night.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

2.21.11 Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.21.11 Promo   2.21.11 Promo EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 pm

I also think it's Sting. Judging by the way he walks in that promo, it definitely resembles Sting's mannerisms. I'm not 100% sure but as the weeks'll go by, we should be fixed on the identity of the man behind that promo.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

2.21.11 Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.21.11 Promo   2.21.11 Promo EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 pm

The video is not available in my country...FFS.

From what I've read on it though it should be STING! Hopefully we get STING vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, or a STING induction into the HoF. Also STING wouldn't be overshadowed by HBK, if anything they'd share the main induction this year.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

2.21.11 Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.21.11 Promo   2.21.11 Promo EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

SEZ wrote:

From what I've read on it though it should be STING! Hopefully we get STING vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, or a STING induction into the HoF. Also STING wouldn't be overshadowed by HBK, if anything they'd share the main induction this year.

Due to the fact that The Undertaker will definitely be winning that match, I don't want it to happen. Sting's only WWE match should be a victory and it definitely won't happen against Taker at Mania. Why, because Undertaker has been pushed as the greatest WWE wrestler when it comes to Mania time. Winning world championships, ending the career of Shawn Michaels, and defeating greats like Flair, and HHH. It's pretty clear that Sting beating Taker will result in a message that WWE doesn't want to send. I just really don't want Sting to lose his only WWE match, so I'd prefer him not to face Taker.

While it's a different scenario, I felt Bret Hart's induction overshadowed Eddie Guerrero's. Just as a comparison, I understand this is a bit different. Anyways, firstly, Shawn as the biggest HoF induction of all-time. Something like that, and yes it was said to help garner more sales and was acceptable because Shawn is a very big induction, but that already showcases who WWE will focus their attention on. Meaning Shawn is going to be the main attraction. If any one out the two will be giving more induction speech time, it's going to be Shawn. I'm also willing to bet, Shawn Michaels will be the last one of them to be inducted. Also willing to bet that at this point, Michaels is more popular than Sting, at least to a very good portion of the WWE audience. When you combine all those factors, it's going to be hard watching the Hall Of Fame and not think that Shawn's induction is going to make the biggest impression, so-to-speak.

Maybe, "overshadowed" is a bit to big of a word, but I think what's going to happen is similar to that.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

2.21.11 Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.21.11 Promo   2.21.11 Promo EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:19 pm

X wrote:
SEZ wrote:

Due to the fact that The Undertaker will definitely be winning that match, I don't want it to happen. Sting's only WWE match should be a victory and it definitely won't happen against Taker at Mania. Why, because Undertaker has been pushed as the greatest WWE wrestler when it comes to Mania time. Winning world championships, ending the career of Shawn Michaels, and defeating greats like Flair, and HHH. It's pretty clear that Sting beating Taker will result in a message that WWE doesn't want to send. I just really don't want Sting to lose his only WWE match, so I'd prefer him not to face Taker.

While it's a different scenario, I felt Bret Hart's induction overshadowed Eddie Guerrero's. Just as a comparison, I understand this is a bit different. Anyways, firstly, Shawn as the biggest HoF induction of all-time. Something like that, and yes it was said to help garner more sales and was acceptable because Shawn is a very big induction, but that already showcases who WWE will focus their attention on. Meaning Shawn is going to be the main attraction. If any one out the two will be giving more induction speech time, it's going to be Shawn. I'm also willing to bet, Shawn Michaels will be the last one of them to be inducted. Also willing to bet that at this point, Michaels is more popular than Sting, at least to a very good portion of the WWE audience. When you combine all those factors, it's going to be hard watching the Hall Of Fame and not think that Shawn's induction is going to make the biggest impression, so-to-speak.

Maybe, "overshadowed" is a bit to big of a word, but I think what's going to happen is similar to that.

I see what you mean, yeah HBK will be getting more attention than Sting in the WWE but outside of it I think more fans will focus more on "ZOMG Sting is finally in the WWE!" *mark out* I think it's arguable that HBK is more popular than Sting. Defiantly with the 15 and under crowd but over it's very arguable.

Also it's more of a matter of personal opinion of the whole Taker beating Sting thing or Sting beating Taker. I'm almost happy with the result either way as long as we get the match, even though it wouldn't be as good as say 5-10 years ago but still defiantly a dream match.

That's to say if it even is Sting that the promo is foreshadowing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2.21.11 Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2.21.11 Promo   2.21.11 Promo Empty

Back to top Go down

2.21.11 Promo
Page 1 of 1