Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More Empty
PostSubject: Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More   Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini has started his blog (http://wrestlingrecall.blogspot.com/) in which he has released a ton of scoops regarding things that occured in the company during the two years he was employed. The blog has since been pulled (the Website does say it will be back soon) but we have managed to retain some of the things Piermarini said. Here is what he wrote about popular WWE star Christian and the company's internal view of him:

"As much as it seems Christian turns into the fan favorite choice to win Money in the Bank Match each year it’s not going to happen. Christian is seen as a good hand that can help some of the younger talent and does not have a lot of support from higher ups to be a Main Event guy. Edge vs. Christian as a Main Event program has been pitched to death and rejected every time."

"Before Christian was injured a story was being developed to turn Christian heel and work a program with Matt Hardy. The seeds were being dropped on Smackdown at the time Christian was injured."
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More   Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Here are more highlights from John Piermarini's blog:

* Vince McMahon feels that powerhouse Skip Sheffield could become a top babyface behind John Cena.

* Michelle McCool's real-life relationship with The Undertaker was in no way the reason behind her push with Lay-Cool.

* On the Uso's WWE introduction and promo, Vince McMahon didn't understand the hip hop culture and the appeal of the tag-team. The original idea for the Uso's was to present them as the opposite of what you would expect from a Samoan superstar - intelligent, educated and wearing boots while competing.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More   Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini has started his blog (http://wrestlingrecall.blogspot.com/) in which he has released a ton of scoops regarding things that occured in the company during the two years he was employed. The blog has since been pulled (the Website does say it will be back soon) but we have managed to retain some of the things Piermarini said. Here is what he wrote about popular WWE star Christian and the company's internal view of him:

"As much as it seems Christian turns into the fan favorite choice to win Money in the Bank Match each year it’s not going to happen. Christian is seen as a good hand that can help some of the younger talent and does not have a lot of support from higher ups to be a Main Event guy. Edge vs. Christian as a Main Event program has been pitched to death and rejected every time."

This really pisses me off. I can't see why Edge versus Christian would be constantly denied, it has a lot of potential as a money-maker, I'm sure anybody familiar with their history at all, would be interested in a feud. Unless of course, they aren't a fan of either of their work, but of course then any program featuring those two won't pull them in.

EdgeHead wrote:
Here are more highlights from John Piermarini's blog:

* Vince McMahon feels that powerhouse Skip Sheffield could become a top babyface behind John Cena.

As long as Sheffield doesn't use the character he did during NXT, I could agree.

Quote :
* Michelle McCool's real-life relationship with The Undertaker was in no way the reason behind her push with Lay-Cool.

Yeah, that's convincing. I doubt it was the primary reason, but I'm sure her and Calloway being married helped her. Although, it does specify her push with Lay-Cool, not her long Championship reign...
Back to top Go down
TheWittyTwit
Wrestling Fan

PostSubject: Re: Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More   Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:57 pm

I agree that Christian and Edge could DEFINITELY provide an excellent feud. Taking it further, I think Edge vs. Christian at Wrestlemania in a TLC match would be an OBSCENE draw. The only problem with this: WWE has ruined concept matches by making them occur annually at a specific pay-per-view rather than using them situationally as the storylines demand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More   Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage WWE News on Christian, Edge Feud, More
Page 1 of 1