Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inah
Upper-Carder

Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. Empty
PostSubject: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

"Hi every1.Still on holiday with the girls in beautiful jamaica!We watched the American skins… Na mate! Brits did it better…

Can't believe it was bleeped!That's not what skins is about.And making effy blonde? WTF!but good luck 2 them anyway,not about being a hater."

-Kaya's Twitter account.

I watched the first episode of US Skins and Kaya is right on all accounts. The US version sucks donkey dick and it doesn't even make sense at all because it just doesn't work with the American culture.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Go Kaya! <3

I refuse to watch the US Skins. The whole point of Skins is that it's an exagerated look at young adults in the UK. While they may share language, some products, music etc, the UK and the US have different cultures as Inah said. Based on the US Skins trailer, I could instantly tell that it was way too like the other American teen dramas, hence losing the individuality that originally made Skins great.

What I don't get is why Americans can't just enjoy the British version - they still speak the same language in both. Why bother making their bastardized version? -sigh-
Back to top Go down
Inah
Upper-Carder

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Storme wrote:
What I don't get is why Americans can't just enjoy the British version - they still speak the same language in both. Why bother making their bastardized version? -sigh-
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Americans are well known for remaking English shows and the reason mostly is because they do not get most of the humour. This may not be the exact reason behind Skins as I consider it a Drama more then anything, But Americans think if they re-make something it will be a better show because of it. In most cases this fails badly [i.e. Little Britain, Kath & Kim [Aussie but still ...] etc.]

The only one I could say which is better then the UK would be The Office. You can't really compare the two nowadays.

Also, Not gonna comment on Skins to be honest, Hate the show so ...
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Storme wrote:

They do it to make money. If it worked over there and generated enough money or popularity (not sure how Skins did but I assume moderately well), so they can achieve a profit off it.

Sykesy wrote:
The only one I could say which is better then the UK would be The Office. You can't really compare the two nowadays.

Three's Company was a remake of a British show. Not sure if you knew that or even watched it, but it had John Ritter so I can't imagine it being that bad. As for Skins, never seen much of either version so I won't comment.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:58 pm

I was never a Three's Company fan. I was aware of the remake though
Back to top Go down
StuffOfLegends
Dark Match Wrestler
StuffOfLegends

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:03 am

Storme wrote:
Go Kaya! <3

I refuse to watch the US Skins. The whole point of Skins is that it's an exagerated look at young adults in the UK. While they may share language, some products, music etc, the UK and the US have different cultures as Inah said. Based on the US Skins trailer, I could instantly tell that it was way too like the other American teen dramas, hence losing the individuality that originally made Skins great.

Don't blame Americans. Blame American corporations. Pretty much everyone here likes the UK version better. Not to mention you guys have channels that don't censor your shows. The only reason I'm gonna continue to watch it is because I have nothing better to do on Monday nights.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:06 am

StuffOfLegends wrote:
Storme wrote:
Go Kaya! <3

Don't blame Americans. Blame American corporations. Pretty much everyone here likes the UK version better. Not to mention you guys have channels that don't censor your shows. The only reason I'm gonna continue to watch it is because I have nothing better to do on Monday nights.

I wasn't blaming Americans in general but if there wasn't an audience for a US Skins then those corporations wouldn't bother making it in the first place...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.   Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaya Scodelario Slams Skins US.
Page 1 of 1