Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:27 pm

I had a few questions going in the previous board, although there wasn't much to answer about lately but that's cool. I'm ready to answer anything asked at any time!
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Are you joining the E-Fed?
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 am

Manu, Change your avatar.

Anyway, Thoughts on the new forum?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Manu: Sorry but I've retired from e-fedding a long time ago. I realized in the last couple of years that I enjoy more the booking aspect than the roleplaying at this point so that's why I'm focusing on doing fantasy booking. That doesn't mean that I won't keep an eye on the e-fed though since I always enjoy reading them.

Sykesy: Thus far, really enjoy my time here and the presence of the new board seems to have given some much needed spark to all our members, which is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 am

Top 10 Japanese Wrestlers currently?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Man, I'm so off the grid when it comes down to Japanese wrestlers that I really can't give you an accurate ranking. It just wouldn't be a fair assessment for me to do. I'm focusing most of my energy following the local scene in Quebec and a little bit in the United States. However, I'm usually reading results from Japanese promotions like New Japan, NOAH and Dragon Gate every chance I get.

I really should get more puroresu tapes.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Definitely. Japan is really dominating the Independent scene with DGUSA and stuff.

Any favorites though?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm

My picks are mostly old school since I've mostly followed Japanese wrestlers when they were working with WCW back in the mid-90's. Guys like Shinjiro Ohtani, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, etc. But I like a lot Genki Horiguchi, CIMA and Dragon Kid.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Genki Horiguchi heel or face?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:32 pm

I haven't seen his work as a face, only as a heel.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:48 am

EWF-Restarted

You like?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:02 pm

I haven't checked all in-depth but from what I've seen, I like it a lot. Got a good thing going and I'm gonna check it out further after the Holidays!
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Five favorite wrestling PPVs, and best and worst match from each?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Wow, that's a tough one, in no particular order:

-ECW One Night Stand - Best Match: Super Crazy vs Tajiri vs Little Guido, Worst Match: Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero (Eddie totally sandbagged the match, it was awful)

-WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 - Best Match: Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Jr (WCW Cruiserweight Championship Title vs Mask), Worst Match: Jacqueline vs Disco Inferno

-Wrestlemania 12 - Best Match: Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, WWE Championship Ironman Match, Worst Match: Ultimate Warrior vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley

-TNA Unbreakable - Best Match: AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe, Worest Match: Kip James & Monty Brown vs Apollo & Lance Hoyt

-Wrestlemania 3: Best Match: Ricky Steamboat vs Randy "Macho Man" Savage (WWF Intercontinental Championship, Worst Match: Hillbilly Jim, Little Beaver & The Haiti Kid vs King Kong Bundy, Lord Littlebrook & Little Tokyo
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Five Questions...

I. Do you think CAW's activity will ever pick back up again?

II. Who do you pick to win The Rock vs John Cena, why, and how would you book it?

III. Do you think the Rock will wrestle more matches?

IV. How many more matches do you think Taker has in him?

V. Thoughts on the possibilities of a Stone Cold vs. CM Punk match?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:50 pm

I. I actually hope it will. I'd usually say that summer time is a down time for anything web related and with school starting back soon, people will probably find a little bit more time to go on the computer, but I gotta admit that I'm worried right now. I really hope activity will pick up soon.

II. That's a tough one because both guys going over make sense; The Rock being in his hometown of Miami and John Cena being the franchise of WWE so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. However, it would make more sense for Cena to go over because he'll stick around with WWE, as opposed to The Rock who'll return to Hollywood at the end of Wrestlemania. As for how I'd book it, I don't think you really need The Rock to be present at every event until Wrestlemania, but rather at key events: Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and more RAWs between Rumble and Mania. I'd try to book it a little bit like Paul Heyman booked the Taz and Shane Douglas feud: limit the in-ring physical confrontations between the two and save the money match for Wrestlemania.

III. I don't think The Rock will wrestle a whole lot more matches unless it can really draw money for WWE. I'd see him wrestle the likes of CM Punk because mic-wise, it'd be just great. But I don't see him re-hash old rivalries like against Triple H or Taker.

IV. Judging from everyhing I read on the web, I think that Taker will be done after Wrestlemania. Read that he would come back in October but I'm curious if they'll repackage him with a new look, given he had his head shaved recently. Either way, I think we're seeing Taker's last ride.

V. I would REALLY dig Punk vs Austin at Wrestlemania. I'm pretty sure Austin could pull off one last great match with CM Punk and the climax building to their PPV match would simply be epic. I don't know if it would reach Attitude-esque level but I really think that Wrestlemania could really sell great only based on that match because of Austin's fame and Punk's recent buzz.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Two questions...

I. I don't recall reading a review from you of sorts, so did you see both of the CM Punk and John matches, and if so, thoughts on both and which was better?

II. How do you think WWE is going to use Daniel Bryan's Money In The Bank cash-in (will he cash in at Mania or earlier, if earlier will he announce it, and will he win)?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

I. I haven't seen the MITB match between Punk & Cena; I saw the Summerslam match because we watched the PPV at a local sports bar that orders all the WWE PPVs. I thought it was a really good match and most comments I've read said that although the atmosphere never came close to the one in Chicago for the MITB match, the match itself was better because there were less botched spots. However, I plan to watch the MITB match whenever I'll find the time to.

II. Actually, Bryan has already confirmed that he would cash his MITB briefcase at Wrestlemania during a promo on Smackdown a few days after the PPV. But I've seen stranger things happen and I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to cash it in earlier. However, given the background of Bryan, I don't think he'll cash it in the way Punk, Edge or Alberto Del Rio did. I think it's gonna be fought legit, like RVD did against John Cena at the second One Night Stand PPV.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:51 pm

^Okay then, overall thoughts on Summerslam?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Overall, I thought it delivered. I'd rate it a B. The 6-men tag did its job, as it was eye-popping and designed to protect Rey Mysterio's injured knee. The Sheamus/Mark Henry was better than I expected. The ending put Mark Henry over as that unstoppable monster and Sheamus didn't lose any overness by getting counted out. But still, countout losses on PPV shouldn't happen. The Divas Match...time filler as usual but Kelly Kelly looked better than I expected, although I wish that Beth Phoenix would've won it. Really loved Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan and I would've taken another 10 minutes of it for sure. Orton vs Christian was an awesome street fight. Of course, disappointed my fellow Canadian didn't retain but the Edge swerve before the match was a nice touch, especially that Edge vehemently denied his presence at Summerslam all week leading up to the PPV. And Cena vs Punk....well, no more explanation needed.

So, overall, it's been nice to go back at that sports bar, just like the good ol' days. Depending on how WWE's PPV cards will look, I might repeat the experience more often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar   Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask the Rated...er....let's settle for PG Superstar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Combat Arts & Wrestling :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion :: Ask Me-
Jump to: