Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time

Go down 
+3
Affzilla.
Y2J X
Sykesy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  Empty
PostSubject: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Source: WrestlingNewsSource.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has posted a video on their official YouTube page in which they reveal their list for the top ten submission Superstars of all time. The list is as follows...

10. Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

Daniel Bryan also criticizes Ric Flair's Figure-Four Leglock maneuver by saying that it wouldn't rate at the top because Flair never won a lot of matches with it.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Considering there is no way in hell Benoit was ever going to get on, this list looks pretty damn fair. I might of put Angle ahead of Bret, and I probably would of switched Jericho and Flair (for the reason Bryan stated). Anyone who wants to see the video and is too lazy to search for it on youtube...

Back to top Go down
Affzilla.
Upper-Carder
Affzilla.

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:48 pm

As much as I hate Kurt Angle he should obviously be number 1. It should be Angle, Jericho, and Hart in the top three.

Also I am surprised they didn't put John Cena on this list. Thank god they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Angle is number one on that list in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:36 pm

The Daniel Bryan comment seems out of place. If this list is based off who won matches with their submission maneuver then John Cena should obvsously be in the top 3.

I like this list. I would swap Slaughter for Finlay. And if this goes beyond WWE work, Volk Han would have to be number one.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm honestly surprised to see ANY of the guys currently working for TNA appear on this list.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:42 am

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
The Daniel Bryan comment seems out of place. If this list is based off who won matches with their submission maneuver then John Cena should obvsously be in the top 3.

I like this list. I would swap Slaughter for Finlay. And if this goes beyond WWE work, Volk Han would have to be number one.

It's not out of place. Bryan was saying that he didn't believe Flair should be ranked that high, as unlike the others on the list, he didn't win as many matches as the others with his submission maneuver (proportionally, of course). At least that's what I'm getting from the video.

Definitely agree with swapping Finlay for Slaughter. Can't believe I forgot about him...
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 am

What is Finlay's submission move? I can't think of it whatever it is.

Daniel Bryan being on a top 10 of all time list astonishes me, he should not be there. CM Punk would make more sense off the current roster.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:16 pm

His signature submission move was the Celtic Knot. He also liked to use a nerve hold from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm

hippnotizeinfamousminds wrote:
What is Finlay's submission move? I can't think of it whatever it is.

Daniel Bryan being on a top 10 of all time list astonishes me, he should not be there. CM Punk would make more sense off the current roster.

It's the Celtic Knot. That's what he called it I believe, I don't know the actual technical name for it though.

As for Punk, I would agree but he spent like two or so years without really utilizing submissions to his fullest (mostly meaning without using the Anaconda Vise), whereas Bryan's been focused on submissions (mostly) from the get go.

*Edit*

Sorry, missed MTM's post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time    WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time  Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Reveal Top 10 Submission Superstars of All Time
Page 1 of 1