Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"

Go down 
+5
EdgeHead
Affzilla.
SEZ
Punk'r
Sykesy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" Empty
PostSubject: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 2:12 am

WrestleZone has learned exclusively that while CM Punk has been scheduled for several house shows in the midwest, his future as a wrestler for WWE is still "undecided."

WrestleZone was told by a key WWE insider, "Vince (McMahon) and (Executive Producer) Kevin Dunn really like Punk on commentary, and they're considering making him a fixture of the broadcast team."

We were also told, "Vince thinks Punk has a future as a wrestler, but it looks like he thinks Punk is far too valuable as a commentator right now, and likes Punk's personality as a commentator a lot more than the Straight Edge character as a wrestler. Remember, Vince thinks Straight Edge is a holier than thou mentality, so Vince takes the heel character to heart."

"On commentary," we were told, "Vince thinks Punk has great timing and thinks on his feet much better than Matt Striker, whose stock has totally dropped in Vince's eyes."
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:07 am

Hmm... Punk as commentator, or Punk as wrestler... Either way, we win... I suppose they could give Punk a while on commentary, say a year, maybe, before he proclaimes that he is 'bored' of being with Cole & King each night, and thus returning to his wrestling career. Or vicea versa. Whatever works, it's win-win.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 am

Fuck that...keep him in the ring. Dude's one of my all-time favourite wrestlers. Please God keep him wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Affzilla.
Upper-Carder
Affzilla.

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Thats stupid...hes a wrestler not a commentator.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:49 pm

So was Jerry Lawler when he signed with WWF in 1993 but they turned him into a commentator and look how good he turned out to be with JR during the mid-90's.

Personally, I don't mind having CM Punk joining the broadcast team on a permanent basis, given that he's a natural at it and his past promos since turning heel speak volumes about his talent. I don't think it's gonna set in stone that he'll remain a color commentator for the rest of his career but you know how Vince's state of mind works; when he's stuck on something, he's sticking with it until he finds something else to like. So, as long as CM Punk entertains him in the broadcast booth, that's what they're gonna do. And plus, if Punk has other nagging injuries, it's gonna give him extra time to heal. I'd rather see him as a color commentator every week than being stuck in meaningless feuds.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
So was Jerry Lawler when he signed with WWF in 1993 but they turned him into a commentator and look how good he turned out to be with JR during the mid-90's.

Personally, I don't mind having CM Punk joining the broadcast team on a permanent basis, given that he's a natural at it and his past promos since turning heel speak volumes about his talent. I don't think it's gonna set in stone that he'll remain a color commentator for the rest of his career but you know how Vince's state of mind works; when he's stuck on something, he's sticking with it until he finds something else to like. So, as long as CM Punk entertains him in the broadcast booth, that's what they're gonna do. And plus, if Punk has other nagging injuries, it's gonna give him extra time to heal. I'd rather see him as a color commentator every week than being stuck in meaningless feuds.

King was a 20 year+ vet at that point though, Punk is in his prime, and is the most over as a heel as he's ever been in his whole career. Keep his as a commentator while he heals from his injuries, but please when he's ready put him back in the ring.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:20 pm

He would be better in the ring, However i love his commentary everyweek...hopefully when he's time comes, he can become a commentator, although at this moment i would leave him wrestling.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:34 pm

They could always have him win the Rumble and do commentary until Mania. That'd be a good way to keep him out of the ring for months and still retain his heat.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:22 am

SEZ wrote:
Punk is in his prime, and is the most over as a heel as he's ever been in his whole career.

Lol on both accounts. You really think he's more over as a heel than he was in his feud with Raven? With the Prophecy? When he signed his WWE contract on the ROH belt? When he beat up Ricky Steamboat?

Punk on commentary is what WWE desperately needs right now. I would leave Punk there for awhile, and I've been a CM Punk fan since before anyone else here I can almost guarantee, since before he even got trained he was working for a small local company called LWF over here in like '98.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:27 am

hippnotizeinfamousminds wrote:
SEZ wrote:
Punk is in his prime, and is the most over as a heel as he's ever been in his whole career.

Lol on both accounts. You really think he's more over as a heel than he was in his feud with Raven? With the Prophecy? When he signed his WWE contract on the ROH belt? When he beat up Ricky Steamboat?

Well obviously he is more over as a heel, He is being shown to a much larger audience hence how he would get more heat then the stuff he did in the Indy days.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:31 am

"The Drug Ballad" wrote:
SEZ wrote:

Well obviously he is more over as a heel, He is being shown to a much larger audience hence how he would get more heat then the stuff he did in the Indy days.

Over as a heel means over with the given crowd as a heel, not across the universe.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:35 am

"The Drug Ballad" wrote:
SEZ wrote:

Over as a heel means over with the given crowd as a heel, not across the universe.

No it doesn't. It simply means over with the fans from any point of view.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

"The Drug Ballad" wrote:
"The Drug Ballad" wrote:
SEZ wrote:

No it doesn't. It simply means over with the fans from any point of view.

Exactly, over with the fans. Not with the media.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Uh oh. I can already see it coming. Once a wrestler gets put on commentary full time there wrestling career never recovers. It happened to Tazz and to a lesser extent, JBL. At least in my mind because JBL's run after getting off commentary was nowhere near as good as his run before hand IMO.

I haven't heard CM Punk on commentary yet so I can't judge that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"   EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided" Empty

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: CM Punk's Future as A Wrestler "Undecided"
Page 1 of 1