Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Games of all time?

Go down 
+9
Atryx
Punk'r
EdgeHead
Sykesy
babaganoosh
Storme
SEZ
ibringthefuckingfireworks
MANU SOLDIER
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

Best Games of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:25 am

The title says it.....

I think the best ones of my opinion are....

1. Grand Theft Auto (Every one)
2. Godfather 1,2
3. Mafia 1,2
4. Scarface
5. SVR
6. SD Here comes the Pain
7. Red dead redemption
8. Call of Duty (MW N OPS)
9. Fight Night 1,2,3
10. Fifa (All)
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 am

Fight Night series
Pro Evolution Soccer series
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Donkey Kong Country
Team Fortress 2

They're some that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
SEZ
SEZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:36 am

Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (PS2 version)
Pokemon (Red, Blue (Eng), Green (Jap), Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black & White)
Brutal Legend
Call of Duty (MW2 & BO)
UFC: Undisputed 2009
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Jak (& Daxter, 2 & 3)
Dragonball Z Budokai 3
God of War I, II & III

There's more...that's just off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 am

#1 Timesplitters 2
#2 GTA: San Andreas
#3 GTA: Vice City
#4 Timesplitters 3
#5 Metal Gear Solid 3

Gotta mention the Crash series too. I used to love that shit as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am

Vice City was pretty spectacular at that time. It was super impressive and same with San Andreas.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 am

All GTA's were good, or shall i say Excellant!, Cannot wait for GTA 5
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Tetris
Starcraft
Unreal Tournament
MLB 09: The Show
Pokemon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Do you have any problems hitting the ball in The Show games?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Normally, no. Under veteran difficulty, my teams normally hit around .320, but I don't power swing very often.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:22 pm

This is roughly in order.

1. iNFAMOUS (PS3)
2. The Godfather (Xbox & PS2)
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
4. GTA 4 (PS3, Xbox 360)
5. LOTR: Return Of The King (Xbox, PS2)
6. GTA Vice City (PS2, Xbox)
7. Red Dead Redemption (PS3, Xbox 360)
8. Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2)
9. Pokemon Sapphire (Gamboy Advance)
10. Little Big Planet (PS3)
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Normally, no. Under veteran difficulty, my teams normally hit around .320, but I don't power swing very often.

Damn, I use the power swing like 99.9% of the time LOL

But seriously, I bought the game about 1 month ago (game was like 90% off, cost me 2 bucks, seriously) and I really dig it. Haven't played a whole lot though but I have already started spring training and I got a pretty good lineup with Justin Upton, Carl Crawford, Jason Giambi, Shane Victorino and Miguel Olivo amongst others. Thus far, I really dig the game, was my first time experiencing the MLB "The Show" series and it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 pm

babaganoosh wrote:

I'm rubbish at it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, other than not hitting the ball.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:

Damn, I use the power swing like 99.9% of the time LOL
Well with the power swing you get a lot more flyballs and I built my team to be more of a line-drive, singles kind of team because I load up my team with speed. I'm probably about 100 games into my franchise season and I've got about 6 guys over 40 steals.

EdgeHead wrote:

But seriously, I bought the game about 1 month ago (game was like 90% off, cost me 2 bucks, seriously) and I really dig it. Haven't played a whole lot though but I have already started spring training and I got a pretty good lineup with Justin Upton, Carl Crawford, Jason Giambi, Shane Victorino and Miguel Olivo amongst others. Thus far, I really dig the game, was my first time experiencing the MLB "The Show" series and it's pretty good.
Did you do the draft yourself? I absolutely love doing the draft and seeing what kind of team I can build and I usually love my team.

ibringthefuckingfireworks wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:

I'm rubbish at it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, other than not hitting the ball.
I think more practice will help your timing immensely. Maybe you might want to change your batting POV. I find that a higher view helps me with timing the pitches and making contact, while the catcher's view helps me determine if the pitches are in the strikezone or not.

Also, do you use the guess pitch feature? I use it every pitch and always guess 4-seam fastball (assuming the pitcher throws one). If I guess correctly, I know exactly how fast it's coming and I know there won't be any movement on the pitch, so I can tell if it's a strike or not rather easily. If I guess incorrectly, I can at least eliminate their fastest pitch and even though I don't know exactly what's coming, I know I'll have a little more time to figure out whether to swing or not.
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm not entirely sure how to use Guess Pitch, but I imagine that it really would help. I'm usually not sure if a pitch is going to be in the strikezone or if it's going to be a ball and a lot of the time it is a ball! I'd be glad to just be able to hit singles at this point. I've hit a couple of homeruns, but they've only been chance.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Which difficulty mode are you playing in right now?

And I think guess pitch is just like hold R1 (or maybe R2...can't remember off the top of my head) and then the pitch button for the opposing pitcher (i.e. X for 4-seam fastball most of the time). If you guessed right, the strike zone will kinda flash red one time before the pitch is thrown.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Did you do the draft yourself? I absolutely love doing the draft and seeing what kind of team I can build and I usually love my team.

Yeah, I did; I was looking more for power and experience (Omar Vizquel and Luis Gonzalez are on the bench) but I thought having some good defense and a little speed wouldn't hurt. Oddly enough, Miguel Olivo's my best hitter thus far in spring training and Carl Crawford isn't doing squat. I think my weakness is my pitching rotation right now. Cole Hamels and Javier Vazquez are my #1 & #2 pitchers but I'll try to improve that rotation somewhere down the line. Luckily, I have Billy Wagner as my closer.
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I put it on the easiest difficulty so that I could get a hit. Sad

I'll have to try to work out how to use it.
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 pm

I loved the Crash Bandicoot games as a kid. Still do, kinda. I've been teaching my 6-year old sister how to play the first one (since 2 & 3 have mysteriously dissappeared), and she can now get past the first level by herself. Sure, she dies about 4 times, average, but still.

The Sims series deserve a mention. Literally playing god, no wonder Sims3 is the most popular PC game (in recent memory).

The GTA series. I don't think I need to explain why.
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 pm

I think you'd find that Sims 3 isn't very close to being the most popular PC game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 pm

No? Huh. Fastest selling, then? Remind me the check the latest Games magazine.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Anyone got any Best Racing games?

Need for Speed (collection)
Formula 1
Grand turismo (Collection)
Back to top Go down
Raw/Smackdown Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Punk'r wrote:
No? Huh. Fastest selling, then? Remind me the check the latest Games magazine.

I'm not sure about that, but it's not the most popular game and probably far away from being most played. You gotta think of games like World of Warcraft, brudda.

Manu Soldier wrote:

Formula 1

Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning the Need for Speed series.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:30 am

EdgeHead wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:

Yeah, I did; I was looking more for power and experience (Omar Vizquel and Luis Gonzalez are on the bench) but I thought having some good defense and a little speed wouldn't hurt. Oddly enough, Miguel Olivo's my best hitter thus far in spring training and Carl Crawford isn't doing squat. I think my weakness is my pitching rotation right now. Cole Hamels and Javier Vazquez are my #1 & #2 pitchers but I'll try to improve that rotation somewhere down the line. Luckily, I have Billy Wagner as my closer.
I don't think experience really means anything in the games though. In fact, I normally get some younger guys because in a franchise mode where you have to manage salaries, you'll want younger players because you can control their salary a lot more.

I normally don't bother with pitchers much because I find that I can control mediocre pitchers about the same as all-stars. I look for guys with heavy change-ups and/or a good hard 4-seamer. Guys like Shaun Marcum head my staff and Eric Gagne closes out my games.

Punk'r wrote:
I loved the Crash Bandicoot games as a kid. Still do, kinda. I've been teaching my 6-year old sister how to play the first one (since 2 & 3 have mysteriously dissappeared), and she can now get past the first level by herself. Sure, she dies about 4 times, average, but still.
The only Crash games I've played were Crash Team Racing (which was really pretty good) and Crash Bash.

Manu Soldier wrote:

Formula 1
NFS and GT series are both good choices (though NFS I prefer underground to the hot pursuit ones). I've only played it at my friend's house way back when, but Project Gotham seemed pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Atryx
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 6:14 pm

My top five in no particular order:

X-Men Legends
GTA San Andreas
Halo 1 and 2 (count em as one dammit!)
Pokemon gold, silver, and crystal (couldn't put those three down when I was little)
The Sims 2 and 3 (most addictive series ever....)
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Atryx wrote:
Pokemon gold, silver, and crystal (couldn't put those three down when I was little)
My game cartridge for Pokemon Silver broke, so I was forced to put it down Sad This was of course before I started using emulators on my computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Games of all time?   Best Games of all time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Games of all time?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next