Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

David Otunga: What is WWE thinking? Empty
PostSubject: David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?   David Otunga: What is WWE thinking? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 pm

WWE came up with something really good this year in Nexus. Nexus started out really hot wreaking havoc everywhere to everyone. They've even sold Vince being out of action for so long just to put over their attack on him. Now some of the guys in the group I would not have included to begin with...one of them being David Otunga. The guy's a decent promo having been on TV before and he has D celebrity appeal thanks to his wife, but he's obviously still green in the ring. I would have waited another year at least to bring him up to the main roster.

WWE decided he was ready. Not only did they decide to bring him up, but they made him the #2 guy on Nexus and seem to be teasing a Barrett/Otunga feud. Fine, WWE sees something in him. So then why have they been treating him like a complete goof for the last few months?

When John Cena joined Nexus, Otunga sort of teased a babyface turn by befriending John Cena. Probably none of you remember this because it lasted all of one night before John Cena gave Otunga the FU. I really liked the idea of Otunga and Cena taking Nexus down. That would have been a good way to make Otunga look good without having him take Barrett's spot as the leader. Well WWE threw the whole thing out the window so I guess it doesn't matter.

They still teased dissension between between Otunga and Barrett from that point until now and every time Otunga seems to be taking over Nexus, Barrett finds a way to humiliate him. When Cena was assaulting Nexus a few weeks ago backstage, and Otunga told the other Nexus guys "I have a plan", I thought that would have been the perfect opportunity for a Nexus rebellion led by Otunga, but instead all it led to was John Cena beating Otunga for the billionth time.

I ask the same question I ask every time WWE puts a guy in the limelight and then pounces on his momentum - if this is the guy, why aren't you treating him like THE GUY!? What's the point in making Otunga look like a fool at every opportunity? Did WWE learn nothing from the Legacy split?
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?   David Otunga: What is WWE thinking? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Ortunga....Always tries to take over Nexus, Eigher way, Barrret will Fire him from nexus or he may jus leave himself
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?   David Otunga: What is WWE thinking? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:24 am

Otunga is my second favorite member of the Nexus, after Barrett. Since day one I wanted David to win NXT, so I've been a fan of him. He's great on the mic and has a really good character, I just wish WWE would of let him take over the Nexus revolt against Barrett, so we would actually have somewhere to go with these guys now. Hopefully Nexus continues to be around, and soon, like next week soon because this week of WWE shows has been so boring without their presence. Maybe they can add Alex Riley to get closer to the Miz and his championship.
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?   David Otunga: What is WWE thinking? EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:57 pm

I think Otunga might be the strongest on the mic and this is usually what WWE looks for after the physique. However, he's average in terms of ring skills so that could become eventually a problem for him getting over with the crowd long term if he doesn't get a good feud right away in his first opportunity. I'm hoping that the next few weeks will give us some power struggle between Otunga and Wade Barrett. That's the only way in my book The Nexus angle can keep going, now that John Cena has obliterated Barrett last weekend at TLC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?   David Otunga: What is WWE thinking? Empty

Back to top Go down

David Otunga: What is WWE thinking?
Page 1 of 1