Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top 5 rappers.

Go down 
+11
hippnotizeinfamousminds
StuffOfLegends
Atryx
Affzilla.
Sykesy
MANU SOLDIER
babaganoosh
Storme
Inah
SEZ
ibringthefuckingfireworks
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
StuffOfLegends
Dark Match Wrestler
StuffOfLegends

Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:04 am

Here is my top 10 for right now, in no order

Eminem
Kanye
Wayne
B.o.B.
Wale
Kid Cudi
Lupe Fiasco
Nick Minaj
Evidence
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Scarface
Lord Infamous
Tech N9ne
Z-Ro
Trae Tha Truth
Lil Scrappy
Young Buck
Chamillionaire
Lil Flip
David Banner

This is actually hard because 10 is so few. I could go top 50 for favorites.

Last edited by hippnotizeinfamousminds on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dawgdawg.proboards.com
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:44 am

Jadakiss
Nelly
Snoop Dogg
Flo Rida
Ricky Ross
Qwes Kross
Pitbull
Kardinal Offishall
Ludacris
Lil Wayne

I don't like Kanye or Eminem at all, their over rated and way too arrogant. I also just don't like their style. Except for Good Life that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
Kayla
Dark Match Wrestler
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:06 am

Legend wrote:
I don't like Kanye or Eminem at all, their over rated and way too arrogant. I also just don't like their style. Except for Good Life that was awesome.

Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Kayla wrote:
Legend wrote:

What? Can't someone have an opinion that differs from you? Besides, I agree with the man. Eminem is arrogant as fuck and people only care about him cause he's white. He's not even the best white rapper, and he certainly shouldn't be winning any grammys.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:06 pm

hippnotizeinfamousminds wrote:

Scarface
Lord Infamous
Tech N9ne
Z-Ro
Trae Tha Truth
Lil Scrappy
Young Buck
Chamillionaire
Lil Flip
David Banner

This is actually hard because 10 is so few. I could go top 50 for favorites.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:07 am

Kayla wrote:
Legend wrote:

What? Can't someone have an opinion that differs from you? Besides, I agree with the man. Eminem is arrogant as fuck and people only care about him cause he's white. He's not even the best white rapper, and he certainly shouldn't be winning any grammys.

Thanks man, but I don't think anyone was opposing my veiws I think Kayla was just surprised as many people would be lol. And Im glad you agree with me Eminiem is arrogant as fuck and yeah he is not the best whit rapper (in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 am

I used to be a really big fan of Eminem and while I still think he's talented, he's definitely overrated. Lyrically, he's easily understood with little depth for maximum appeal to the mainstream. Listen to some of Jay's best work or the Wu-Tang Clan and it takes time to understand all the meanings to their lines. And some of the lyrics in his songs are just awful. Like, people praise this guy as one of the best lyrical rappers and yet there are numerous tracks to his name that have really basic lazy lines (My First Single, Crack A Bottle) or are just straight SMH-worthy (FACK, Big Weenie, Insane, Peep Show [with 50] etc).

I don't have much respect for him as a man. His music usually consists of self-pity or immaturity. Some of his lines about people can be funny but usually it's a dick move. The real lyricists like GZA or Andre 3000 don't have to rely on shock value or cheap shots. The whole feud with Mariah reflects badly on Em - proved yet again that he can deal it out but gets mad when he's the one being made fun of. Who goes after an R'n'B singer anyway? He should have dissed Gucci for the subliminals on the Obsessed Remix.

Despite this, he does have some awesome albums. I can't deny that. He's in my all-time top ten.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:46 am

I agree with most of that... I thought he did diss Gucci and Rick Ross, but can't remember the track. Anyway I'm more of an RnB person anyway, we should do that next top RnB sangas of today.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:55 am

Legend wrote:
I agree with most of that... I thought he did diss Gucci and Rick Ross, but can't remember the track. Anyway I'm more of an RnB person anyway, we should do that next top RnB sangas of today.

Nah, not properly like he did to Mariah. He made a whole track about her with seriously heated disses. When it came to Gucci, he only included a few possible subliminal disses on his Forever verse. I don't think he ever responded to Officer Ricky for calling him a honky. Either way he never mentioned them by name or made his subliminals clear enough for it to be confirmed it's them. And yeah, feel free to make that topic, man - I will reply to it.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm not big on rap (at least not currently) because I just don't listen to it that much. Besides a few, most of what I've heard have been through MF, and I can't recall all the names of them. I won't attempt ten, but I think I could get five, but I'm only going off a few songs for most, so it's not like I'm huge on any I mention. Anyways, in no real order... Eminem, B.o.B, Mike Shinoda, Kanye West, and um, Kid Cudi or Jay-Z.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:41 am

Storme wrote:
I used to be a really big fan of Eminem and while I still think he's talented, he's definitely overrated. Lyrically, he's easily understood with little depth for maximum appeal to the mainstream. Listen to some of Jay's best work or the Wu-Tang Clan and it takes time to understand all the meanings to their lines. And some of the lyrics in his songs are just awful. Like, people praise this guy as one of the best lyrical rappers and yet there are numerous tracks to his name that have really basic lazy lines (My First Single, Crack A Bottle) or are just straight SMH-worthy (FACK, Big Weenie, Insane, Peep Show [with 50] etc).

I don't have much respect for him as a man. His music usually consists of self-pity or immaturity. Some of his lines about people can be funny but usually it's a dick move. The real lyricists like GZA or Andre 3000 don't have to rely on shock value or cheap shots. The whole feud with Mariah reflects badly on Em - proved yet again that he can deal it out but gets mad when he's the one being made fun of. Who goes after an R'n'B singer anyway? He should have dissed Gucci for the subliminals on the Obsessed Remix.

Good post. I was just explaining to my brother the other day how a real southern rapper (Lil Wayne don't count) could never be as famous as they should be cause they're music is deep and you have to understand what some of the things they say mean. (ie. "but it's all gravy" to mean but it's all good). Weed & gun references, etc.

Not just an R&B singer, but a woman at that. It's pathetic and a little bit pussy. AND she DESTROYED him on Obsessed.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 am

Storme wrote:

Good post. I was just explaining to my brother the other day how a real southern rapper (Lil Wayne don't count) could never be as famous as they should be cause they're music is deep and you have to understand what some of the things they say mean. (ie. "but it's all gravy" to mean but it's all good). Weed & gun references, etc.

Not just an R&B singer, but a woman at that. It's pathetic and a little bit pussy. AND she DESTROYED him on Obsessed.

Very true. The mainstream audience that Eminem taps into doesn't get the slang or meaning of a lot of very talented rappers. You were right earlier with the race thing too. You get a lot of white people who dislike rap music in general but love Eminem. Not like Em's the only guy with mainstream appeal so to me, that's odd.

Yeah, no doubt. I can't think of a time when a guy and a woman have feuded in rap. I guess Pac and Lil Kim traded a few insults but it wasn't the same. Kim was only mentioned because she was with Biggie - and at least she was a rapper.

EDIT: new current top 5...

Kanye West
Saigon
Charles Hamilton
Big K.R.I.T.
J. Cole

Getting into Trae Tha Truth and Z-Ro too, thanks to Hipp.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Wait a second, why does it matter that she's an R&B singer. I can get the stance on the woman part (don't necessarily agree with it mind you), but not the R&B. I mean, is it like some unwritten law or taboo to go after an R&B singer?
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 pm

X wrote:
Wait a second, why does it matter that she's an R&B singer. I can get the stance on the woman part (don't necessarily agree with it mind you), but not the R&B. I mean, is it like some unwritten law or taboo to go after an R&B singer?

Hip-hop has roots in competition, rap battles have been around since the very start of the genre. There has been so many rap beefs for various different reasons. Some rappers seem to start feuds just to promote themselves. The artists involved will make songs insulting each other, trying to prove they're the superior rapper.

You don't see this is in any other genre, it's unique to hip-hop. Madonna doesn't release tracks dissing Lady Gaga for jacking her style, like Lil Kim has done about Nicki Minaj. R&B is a totally different genre with no history in beefs. The singers just get on with their music and if they have issues with each other, I assume it's dealt with in private.

Eminem's been throwing shots at anyone in the spotlight since his first album but with Mariah, he released a whole song which was a step too far, in my opinion. At 36, his age at the time of the track, it's really immature to put out a track against a female R&B singer - especially considering the kinda stuff said in the track.

It's why I don't really respect Em as a man. Nas was married to Kelis for years. They split up not so long ago but Nas isn't insulting her on songs, let alone making a whole diss track. Same deal with Diddy and J Lo - they used to date. Em decides to go at Mariah for the Obsessed song and yet doesn't bother with Gucci Mane, a male rapper who said subliminal disses about Em on the Obsessed Remix. That's a pussy move.
Back to top Go down
hippnotizeinfamousminds
Raw/Smackdown Jobber
hippnotizeinfamousminds

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Storme wrote:

EDIT: new current top 5...

Saigon
Charles Hamilton
Big K.R.I.T.

Getting into Trae Tha Truth and Z-Ro too, thanks to Hipp.

Good.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Storme wrote:
X wrote:

Hip-hop has roots in competition, rap battles have been around since the very start of the genre. There has been so many rap beefs for various different reasons. Some rappers seem to start feuds just to promote themselves. The artists involved will make songs insulting each other, trying to prove they're the superior rapper.

You don't see this is in any other genre, it's unique to hip-hop. Madonna doesn't release tracks dissing Lady Gaga for jacking her style, like Lil Kim has done about Nicki Minaj. R&B is a totally different genre with no history in beefs. The singers just get on with their music and if they have issues with each other, I assume it's dealt with in private.

Eminem's been throwing shots at anyone in the spotlight since his first album but with Mariah, he released a whole song which was a step too far, in my opinion. At 36, his age at the time of the track, it's really immature to put out a track against a female R&B singer - especially considering the kinda stuff said in the track.

It's why I don't really respect Em as a man. Nas was married to Kelis for years. They split up not so long ago but Nas isn't insulting her on songs, let alone making a whole diss track. Same deal with Diddy and J Lo - they used to date. Em decides to go at Mariah for the Obsessed song and yet doesn't bother with Gucci Mane, a male rapper who said subliminal disses about Em on the Obsessed Remix. That's a pussy move.

Okay, thanks.

As for Gucci, did he have any role in what happened between Mariah and Eminem? Maybe Eminem decided not to mention him because he wasn't involved in it, and um, I'm just going to stop there. I can't word everything correctly and I'm positive you can understand the reasons I was going to state. Just a theory, but anyways, sorry for kind of dragging this off-topic.
Back to top Go down
Kayla
Dark Match Wrestler
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:20 pm

As of right now..

1. Eminem, of course.
2. Soulja Boy.
3. John Cena.
4. Waka Flocka Flame.
5. Vanilla Ice.
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

^^ TROLL.

Kayla wrote:
4. Waka Flocka Flame

I GO HARD IN THE MOTHERFUCKIN' PAINT NIGGA!
Back to top Go down
Master of Destruction
Heat Wrestler
Master of Destruction

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 am

Eminem
B.O.B.
Mike Shinoda
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Back to top Go down
Storme
The One
Storme

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 am

X wrote:
As for Gucci, did he have any role in what happened between Mariah and Eminem? Maybe Eminem decided not to mention him because he wasn't involved in it, and um, I'm just going to stop there. I can't word everything correctly and I'm positive you can understand the reasons I was going to state. Just a theory, but anyways, sorry for kind of dragging this off-topic.

Gucci didn't but he involved himself by appearing on that song with subliminal disses. If Em didn't want beef then he could have ignored all of it. Plenty of rappers ignore less popular ones disses but Em went at Mariah while letting Gucci off the hook, even though the latter is actually a rapper. Gucci wasn't involved in the original conflict but he was definitely making fun of Em - which is enough to expect a response in rap music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 rappers.   Top 5 rappers. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 rappers.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Combat Arts & Wrestling :: General Discussion :: Media-
Jump to: