Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked

Go down 
+5
I AM ROCCO
Sykesy
babaganoosh
Concrete Jesus
EdgeHead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked Empty
PostSubject: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:24 pm

-Randy Orton accidentally bled during the Tribute to the Troops main event — John Cena, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz, Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio — which he acknowledged last night on Twitter.

"Had a great time at Ft. Hood today. Met many people both military and civilian, and we put on one hell of a show. Got split open in the match, curious what makes show," he wrote.

- R-Truth actually beat Ted DiBiase with the Corkscrew scissors kick, not the Lie Detector as reported last night.

- The participants of the 15-Man Battle Royal were Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Husky Harris, John Morrison, Justin Gabriel, Mark Henry, Michael McGillicutty, Santino Marella, Sheamus and Vladimir Kozlov.

- The entire locker room — sans Vince McMahon — took part in in-ring celebration at the conclusion of the show and kayfabe was completely thrown out the window (i.e. John Cena joking with members of The Nexus).

- Kaval and Tyler Reks were brought to the event, but weren't used during the live show.

- After most of the audience had cleared out of Sadowski Field, Rey Mysterio took off his mask and gave it to a soldier. He asked those near him if anyone was going to take a picture and apparently no one did.

- Regarding the result for 8-Diva Santa's Little Helper Match, Michelle McCool succumbed to Kelly Kelly following the K2.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:38 pm

I can't wait to see DX again.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm

You know what, with all the physical contact and body parts flying around during a wrestling match, I'm pretty surprised there aren't more accidental cuts and bleeding going on in there.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am

I can think of at least 2 other times it has happened, under the PG rating. Cena had his head split open during the Iron Man Match and Christian had his split open during a ECW Championship Ladder Match. Both of those times, the trainer came down and basically glued the cut. During the Iron Man Match, they did it during the 30 secs between pinfalls, so it didn't really interfer with the match. It did interfer with the Ladder match though. Not much, but a little.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:17 am

Punk at Over The Limit, Taker at the Rumble. It has actually happened quite alot.
Back to top Go down
I AM ROCCO
Amateur Wrestler
I AM ROCCO

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:29 am

then runs down the trainer and kills the momentum of the match.

Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:37 am

I AM ROCCO wrote:
then runs down the trainer and kills the momentum of the match.

Well we can't have blood parents will throw fits and kids will cry.

I'm actually surprise they broke Kayfabe at the end there. Thought that was a big no-no with them all things considering. And lol at Rey Mysterio unmasking and nobody wanting to take a picture.
Back to top Go down
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 am

Rey wears a mask for a reason Razz

I hate WWE's new "blood is a big deal we cannot have blood" mentality, I can understand not having your workers blade but if someone bleeds hardway I'd say roll with it.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 am

WWE's PG rating is very stupid, But they have no choice as most veiwers are Children, I hate the fact they have it.....It doesnt make it as fun.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 pm

DoctorCube wrote:
Rey wears a mask for a reason Razz

I hate WWE's new "blood is a big deal we cannot have blood" mentality, I can understand not having your workers blade but if someone bleeds hardway I'd say roll with it.

Eeh they had this mentality before and so did WCW back in the day before the TV-14 thing came into play. Although back then I'm not entirely sure if they did it to this extremes and had trainers come out when somebody bled during a match by accident.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:48 pm

This doesn't happen that often, and it really doesn't bother me so much. I would rather them not have this policy, but they do and I am OK with. Not only do they have children watching, they have a network to answer to and sponsors as well. If they tell USA Network that they are going to produce a PG show, there are certian things that they must do or they could have problems with the network.
Back to top Go down
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Manu Soldier wrote:
WWE's PG rating is very stupid, But they have no choice as most veiwers are Children, I hate the fact they have it.....It doesnt make it as fun.

They do it for people like you Manu.

On a serious note, The whole blood issue is smart. Firstly, It looks after the wrestlers because Blading is a dangerous thing. Some do it with an Unsterilized Blade or can cut a vein which leads to major blood loss. Doing this helps the wrestlers and also gives a "cleaner" product to the audience.

Ever since the PG Rating when you go to a show the arena is SOLD OUT. Where I am from only 75% to 80% of the arena would be sold out at a WWE Event. Now when you go there is not one empty seat and that proves the PG rating is effective. It is bringing in many Kids (Some who have strict parents and wouldn't of allowed them to watch WWE 3 years ago) and much more parents.

Therefore, In no aspect is the WWE PG Rating "Stupid". Although I feel Pay-Per-Views should be exempt from PG. Majority of kids don't actually buy PPVs and only adults do so yeah ...
Back to top Go down
Atryx
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Another incident that happened in recent memory was Alex Riley being busted open during a battle royal on NXT season 2. I'm halfway expecting there to be some blood at TLC just because of the spots and certain wrestler's moveset, John Morrison especially. Morrison's style involves a couple of kicks to the head, and there are bound to be spots were Shemus is sent face first into a ladder. Morrison also has a good chance of shedding a little blood in this match, so I'm a little excited to see it just because of what this match's outcome could mean, Miz vs Morrison at Royal Rumble =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked   Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked Empty

Back to top Go down

Tribute to Troops: Orton Bleeds, Mysterio Unmasked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Combat Arts & Wrestling :: Wrestling Discussion :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: