Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

John Cena Reaches Milestone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

John Cena Reaches Milestone  Empty
PostSubject: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Former WWE Superstar John Cena, who serves as an Ambassador for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, granted his 200th wish on The Talk television program this morning, which airs this afternoon (Friday) on CBS at 2:00 p.m. Cena surprised 9-year-old Shayan of Agoura Hills, California, on the program and invited him to attend an upcoming Monday Night RAW taping in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Cena reached the 200th wish milestone in just six years, joining NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and TNA Wrestling performer Hulk Hogan as celebrity wish granters who have fulfilled 200 wishes.

Here's the press release: WWE Superstar John Cena Grants Milestone 200th Wish with Make-A-Wish Foundation® Leads New Fundraising and Frequent Flier Mile Campaign With Delta Air Lines PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WWE® Superstar John Cena® has racked up victory after victory during his successful career in sports entertainment. More importantly, he has quietly achieved another impressive record: granting the wishes of 200 children with life-threatening medical conditions through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. "What stands out about John is his enthusiasm for meeting kids virtually anytime, anywhere" Cena, who also serves as a Wish Ambassador for the Foundation, granted his 200th wish on CBS's "The Talk" television program on Thursday, Dec. 9 (airing Dec. 10). Cena surprised the child, 9-year-old Shayan of Agoura Hills, Calif., on the program and invited him to attend Monday Night Raw® in New Orleans as part of his wish. Cena reached the 200th wish milestone in just six years, joining NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan as celebrity wish granters who have fulfilled 200 wishes. Overall, World Wrestling Entertainment has granted more than 3,500 wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the past 25 years. "It's an honor to be recognized by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but this isn't about me. It's about giving kids a chance to smile again and receive attention for something other than their medical condition," Cena said. "They just want to be treated like normal kids, and anytime I can help them enjoy their moment and feel hope, I'll be there." "What stands out about John is his enthusiasm for meeting kids virtually anytime, anywhere," said David Williams, Make-A-Wish Foundation of America president and chief executive officer. "It's really a testament to his desire to make every wish experience unique for the kids, to bring them the joy they deserve and to make them feel like they're the superstar. We thank John for his remarkable dedication to our mission and look forward to him granting many, many more wishes." While his wish total is noteworthy, the variety of wishes he has granted over the years is equally as impressive. Cena has entertained scores of wish kids at WWE's Monday Night Raw®, WrestleMania® and other WWE events. He has also met wish kids at such locations as movie sets, amusement parks, and video-game stores, as well as surprising them as a waiter at a restaurant, a server at an ice cream shop and even "bumping into them" in a convenience store. In 2009, Cena received the Foundation's Chris Greicius Celebrity Award for his dedication to granting wishes. To celebrate his accomplishment, Cena is leading a campaign to grant 200 more wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Supporters can send a $5 donation via mobile phone by texting WISH to 50555 through Dec. 31 or make a donation online by visiting wwe.com/johncenawish. Since more than 70 percent of wishes involve travel, supporters who are also Delta SkyMiles members can also "go the extra mile" and donate miles online. For every mile donated, Cena and Delta will each match up to one million miles. Cena also serves on the Make-A-Wish Foundation's Wish Ambassador Council and assists in expanding wish-granting outreach across the United States. Led by basketball legend and Chief Wish Ambassador Michael Jordan, the council is composed of people passionate about the Foundation's work, including the Make-A-Wish® founders, celebrities and national sports figures, former wish children, wish parents and other Foundation supporters.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Man, did I ever wish something like that happened to me as a kid.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:36 pm

EdgeHead wrote:
What if you needed some life-threatening medical condition in order for this to happen? Razz
Back to top Go down
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Cena is the new hogan.

I know that hating on John Cena will, more or less, be the "it" thing in wrestling for a while, but the guy's got more heart and more passion for the business and for the image he and the WWE have than anyone else I've seen in a while. If can help me confirm the dates but one of the times Cena was out because of surgery, he went back to the PPV so he could see everyone one last time before he had to take time off.

Congrats to John on his 200th wish granted, and here's hoping he can go for 300 wishes.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
EdgeHead wrote:
What if you needed some life-threatening medical condition in order for this to happen? Razz

No, I already had that as a kid so I can do away with that! Razz
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:35 pm

DoctorCube wrote:
Cena is the new hogan.

I know that hating on John Cena will, more or less, be the "it" thing in wrestling for a while, but the guy's got more heart and more passion for the business and for the image he and the WWE have than anyone else I've seen in a while. If can help me confirm the dates but one of the times Cena was out because of surgery, he went back to the PPV so he could see everyone one last time before he had to take time off.

Congrats to John on his 200th wish granted, and here's hoping he can go for 300 wishes.

Definetly, he is the new hogan....But then again he wants to be the new hogan.
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 am

EdgeHead wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:
EdgeHead wrote:

No, I already had that as a kid so I can do away with that! Razz
Great, now I look like a dick for saying that now >.<
Back to top Go down
DoctorCube
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 am

Manu Soldier wrote:
DoctorCube wrote:
Cena is the new hogan.

Definetly, he is the new hogan....But then again he wants to be the new hogan.

I think it's more that Vince wants him to be the new hogan.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 am

WWE need a Hogan, so they can keep the WWE were they are.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am

What a really nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Cena Reaches Milestone    John Cena Reaches Milestone  Empty

Back to top Go down

John Cena Reaches Milestone
Page 1 of 1