Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC

Go down 
+3
MANU SOLDIER
Concrete Jesus
Sykesy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
Wrestling Veteran
Sykesy

Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 pm

The following is an excerpt from an article on Dana White from MMAFighting.com:

One place you won't see [Brock] Lesnar? A WWE ring.

Though rumors have abounded that the former WWE wrestler would appear at the upcoming Wrestlemania in some capacity, [Dana] White says that's not going to happen.

"He's under contract with me," he said. "I don't want to blur those lines. First of all, him coming over and making the choice to leave the WWE and come over here, we gave him that shot. It was a big risk on our part. The guy was 1-0 but he's done incredibly well. What the guy's been able to accomplish with no experience in such a short amount of time, I don't want him going to WWE and blurring the lines of what's real and what's not. I think it happens to us sometimes now."

Check out the complete article online at MMAFighting.com.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

I can understand his point and I am OK with it. Brock is still a young man and he isn't going to fight forever. Maybe he will comeback to wrestling when his fighting career is over.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Yeah....But Brock could come as a star, White doesnt think about the Publicity he would get....But then again he doesnt want brock to go back to WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://newagewrestling.forumotion.co.uk/
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Manu Soldier wrote:
White doesnt think about the Publicity he would get....
Or he's thinking about the publicity the WWE would get and figured the WWE had much more to gain than the UFC.
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:52 am

Why does Vince want Lesner to come to WM anyway?
Back to top Go down
babaganoosh
Mid-Carder
babaganoosh

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 am

Manu Soldier wrote:
I have a feeling that in the WWE, they wrestle...or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:50 am

Manu Soldier wrote:

Because Brock was a huge star in the WWE and he is an even bigger star now.
Back to top Go down
Atryx
Amateur Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Manu Soldier wrote:

Well, rumor has it that VKM wanted Lesner to come to WM and end the Undertaker's streak thus allowing the Deadman to retire, but the idea was doomed from the git-go due to multiple reasons:

Lesner's contract doesn't allow him to fight for any other promotion or wrestle until June 2011 I believe.

Dana White doesn't want anyone to think that WWE and UFC have any kind of connection because the one of the main reasons UFC is becoming the more popular brand is because its real and victories are based on true talent instead of booked victories.

If Lesner were to come back and end Taker's streak, what next? Are we really supposed to believe he just randomly came back, ended the careers of one of the best performers in WWE history and just goes back to UFC, never to be seen in WWE again? His contract wouldn't allow for him to be involved in any kind of storyline and if someone is chosen to beat Taker at Mania then that person is obviously supposed to either be an established main eventer or someone who's looked at as the future of the company. Lesner is neither of those at this point in time and to have him at Mania would be a waste of time and effort because of all the confusion it would cause afterwards.

Those are the three main reasons that stuck out to me.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MANU SOLDIER
Wrestling Veteran
MANU SOLDIER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Yeah i have to agree with all of those terms...If you think about it why did it have to be Lesner who could end the career of taker?...Vince came up with him?...Why couldnt it be Cena, HHH or Orton...But i suppose Taker will retire soon..anyone know when?
Back to top Go down
Concrete Jesus
Heat Wrestler
Concrete Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:50 pm

The rumor of "Taker's last Mania" has been floating around for like 5 years now. It will be sooner rather then later, but I think he will be around another 2 or 3 years, but his time off will increase to about 6 months off a year. He will come back around SS and do stuff for Mania, then he will be off again. No one is going to end the streak. If Brock were to have a Mania match with Taker, he would be another victim of the streak.
Back to top Go down
Ayen
Dark Match Wrestler
Ayen

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:03 pm

I'd do the same thing in Dana White's shoes personally. Vince probably would too if he's as smart as he claims to be.

As for The Undertaker streak thing I heard rumors that The Undertaker plans to lose to Ted DiBiase Jr at his last WrestleMania to end the streak but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:07 pm

That was the plan before WWE thought that Dibiase wasn't over enough to get the rub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC   Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White Reveals Future Plans For Brock Lesnar In UFC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Combat Arts & Wrestling :: Wrestling Discussion :: Wrestling News-
Jump to: