Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note Empty
PostSubject: Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note   Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 pm

- WWE has applied for a new trademark for Sin Cara in Mexico.

- The WWE Supershow on October 1st in Mobile, Alabama drew 3,200 fans for $92,000.

- WWE developmental wrestler Richie Steamboat and his girlfriend welcomed a 7 pound, 3 ounce baby boy this past week, making Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat a grandfather. The child was named Richard Blood IV.

- Rock band Nada Surf violated WWE copyright on their new album with a song called "Somebody Take the Damn Money." The song was based on the 1983 feud in the Carolinas where Harley Race put up a $25,000 bounty for anyone who could take out Ric Flair. The song included clips from Race's famous promo. They're currently re-working the song to get through copyright issues.

Because of the violation, WWE took legal action and Nada Surf's new album has been delayed.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note   Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Man, I like Nada Surf, and would've loved hearing that song (with the quotes), even though I didn't watch the feud.
Back to top Go down
Legend
Mid-Carder
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note   Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Seems like they should have checked that copyright stuff out first. I mean it's basic knowedge you just can't use someones shit.
Back to top Go down
http://worldkombatsyndicate.proboards.com/index.cgi
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note   Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

X wrote:
Man, I like Nada Surf, and would've loved hearing that song (with the quotes), even though I didn't watch the feud.

If you don't have it, the feud between Harley Race and Ric Flair has a whole chapter in Flair's first DVD (The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection). The bounty promo is pretty much the first thing you'll see in the chapter after the actual match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note   Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock Band Violates WWE Copyright, Steamboat Note
Page 1 of 1