Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News Empty
PostSubject: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Source: PWInsider

- Sources report that WWE officials are looking at Sheamus to be the next big star for the SmackDown brand and will be pushing him as a major player going into WrestleMania 28. The idea is that Mark Henry, Randy Orton and Sheamus will be the cornerstones of the blue brand.

Vince McMahon has always been a fan of Sheamus but has taken more of a liking to him as of late.

Regarding early ideas for WrestleMania 28 next year, that will likely change several times, Sheamus challenging Henry for the World Heavyweight Title is penciled in.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Tambourine Man
Amateur Wrestler
Mr. Tambourine Man

PostSubject: Re: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:57 am

So...where does that leave Bryan Danielson and his briefcase?
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 pm

I suppose he could always cash it in around Royal Rumble time, depending on how they wanna push Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Punk'r
Mid-Carder
Punk'r

PostSubject: Re: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 am

That. OR, he could do the Benoit option and go after the WWE title.
Back to top Go down
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:13 pm

That's right, they can also do that. Since the brand split is pretty much done, doesn't really matter which title he goes after.
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

PostSubject: Re: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 am

I hope they don't have Daniel Bryan go after the WWE title, since if I recall correctly, they made sure to mention that the Smackdown briefcase can only cash in on the World Champion during the big CM Punk-MITB storyline.

Their are a lot of things they could do this Bryan briefcase thing. Maybe even having two title defenses in one night like they did with Yokozuna at Wrestlemania X. Sheamus wins the Rumble, but Bryan has the contract. Mark Henry monster push has been incredible, so it would be believable that he could win both matches. In that scenario, I'd see Sheamus vs Henry first, with Henry winning, and then Bryan beating Henry later on in the night. Although, I'd rather have Sheamus win from Henry so we could get the match we didn't at last year's event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News   Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News Empty

Back to top Go down

Early WrestleMania Plans, More Backstage WWE News
Page 1 of 1