Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE Empty
PostSubject: Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE   Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:00 am

- TNA World champion Sting was recently interviewed by SportsVibe.co.uk and spoke about a number of topics, including how he got into the wrestling business, the origins of the Sting character and much more. Here are some highlights of what Sting said about:

Whether Vince McMahon Has Ever Tried To Sign Him:

"Yeah, several times, and I was close to signing every single time and probably closer than ever this last go earlier in the year in January it was very, very close."

"However the rest is history and I have always chosen to stay put. All those years throughout the nineties especially and the early 2000’s I always believed Vince McMahon wanted me more to undercut WCW than he did me as a talent. I was real close but never did do it."

When asked about what potential dream matches still exist for him, Sting named the Undertaker.

What He Thought About Hogan & Bischoff Coming To TNA:

"I had some concerns as we know what happened with WCW. Towards the end I think there were too many hidden agendas and selfish motives by too many people that ultimately ended WCW."

"You had two of the big powerhouse names that helped WCW become what it was and then you throw me into the mix as well, and it could be a really good thing or it could be an absolute disaster."

His 88 Second Match with Jeff Hardy at Victory Road 2010:

"There is no other way of saying it but there is a scar there and it’s going to hurt. You had PPV (Pay Per View) companies, you had wrestling fans that paid to see something and they didn’t get to see a match. To cut a long story short it just sucks, and I can’t pretend it doesn’t.

"I was sick the way it happened the way it did, but it is something that had to happen and the only thing to do now is move forward."
Back to top Go down
Y2J X
Main Eventer
Y2J X

Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE   Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:06 pm

It had to happen? They couldn't replace Jeff Hardy with anybody else on the roster? It didn't have to be an 88 second match, because you absolutely didn't have to have Jeff Hardy in that match. Whatever though, it's not like that's TNA's only mistake, they've made many more and chances are, they'll be making even more.
Back to top Go down

Sting Talks About Coming Close To Signing With WWE
Page 1 of 1