Combat Arts & Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bret Hart Comments on WWE Banning the Word Wrestling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EdgeHead
Wrestling Veteran

Bret Hart Comments on WWE Banning the Word Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Bret Hart Comments on WWE Banning the Word Wrestling   Bret Hart Comments on WWE Banning the Word Wrestling EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:06 pm

The UK Sun has published a new interview with WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, which you can read here in its entirety.

One of the more interesting quotes was about WWE eliminating the word "wrestling" from the company name and on television. Hart explained that no matter what you call the company - WWE will always be about wrestling - and takes a swipe at Hulk Hogan in the process:

"I'm kind of scratching my head about that. I don't know that it makes any difference. Wrestling is wrestling. Call it whatever name you want, it's still wrestling. I think WWE is synonymous with wrestling. If WWE doesn't stand for World Wrestling Entertainment then what does it stand for?"

"It may be a case of Vince trying to monopolise wrestling even more than he has. I think a lot of the wrestlers today, judging by the styles they have, they are wrestlers. They are not bodybuilders or powerlifters or strongmen like in the days of Hulk Hogan, where it was more the look. The young stars today don't want to be Hulk Hogan. They want to be Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels."
Back to top Go down

Bret Hart Comments on WWE Banning the Word Wrestling
Page 1 of 1